Author Topic: Then why the hell isn't Trump firing them all?  (Read 1237 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Then why the hell isn't Trump firing them all?
« on: December 18, 2017, 08:10:37 AM »
I'm seriously impressed with some of the thing's Trump has done. I'm seriously underimpressed with other things. This is one of them. First of all, Hussein transformed the federal bureaucracy post-haste, installing committed Leftists who are now undermining Trump. Why is the pace of Trump's bureaucratic appointments lagging so far behind Hussein? Second, why the hell is he not firing these people? He's the f**king president. Fire them.

Less than two-thirds as many appointments have been submitted and won Senate confirmation as were in place at this time during the Obama administration.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-12-18/washington-bureaucrats-are-chipping-away-at-trump-s-agenda
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Then why the hell isn't Trump firing them all?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 08:18:14 AM »
I agree.

The Establishment hacks in the GOP bear much of the blame, once again they fail to effectively use the power of the majority.

But Trump needs to dispel the notion that 'anybody is better than nobody' because if they are undermining your Administration nothing really is better than that!

And...we're never going to get things right as long as these departments and agencies remain and in the scale they have obtained and keep increasing...when is the butcher knife going to be yielded?  Ever?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 10:18:01 AM »
I think Trump should have gone in with a chainsaw on the first day by firing every bureaucrat/gov employee that took a job on or after 11/2/08.  Get rid of all the partisan hacks at once and rebuild from there.  If an Agency was completely decimated then there is no need for that agency anymore and it should be gone.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 11:23:33 AM »
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:13:52 PM by Libertas »

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 02:37:36 PM »
I chose 11-2-08 since that was election day (or there abouts).  I want every libtard that even thought about working for obastard fired.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 07:55:10 AM »
Technically that asshole couldn't fire or hire anybody until 1/20, but I understand your desire to err on the side of caution.

::thumbsup::

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 03:03:57 PM »
Frankly,  they would be better off with vacant positions then staffed by a Obama leftover.  Of course it would expose that most of these jobs aren't needed to begin with and should be eliminated rather then refilled.

The new president shouldn't have to fire any of these people,  their contracts should end the day before the outgoing president leaves office.   No exceptions. 

But until then, all incoming republican presidents should do the firings on day one.   It would help refill some of those spots,  which I am sure demos drag their feet on so their guy says on longer.   Note that incoming Democrats rarely if ever keep on a leftover republican.   Even one like a mccain. 

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 10:15:10 PM »
Frankly,  they would be better off with vacant positions then staffed by a Obama leftover.  Of course it would expose that most of these jobs aren't needed to begin with and should be eliminated rather then refilled.

I fail to see a downside.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 07:10:06 AM »
As long as there is feckless pubbies about nothing can change...legislation tying all appointees to the Administration that hired them (no holdovers, period!) would mean all those posts requiring Senate approval would either have to be swiftly acted on or government would be effectively shut down...a prospect that doesn't bother us and one that doesn't shutdown the military from defending us or state/local authorities either...life has and will continue to go on...but that mere prospect of confrontation and shutdown causes feckless pubbies to soil themselves in fear...it is they who would prevent such legislation and any similar bold corrective action on any issue, thus ensuring the status quo of circling the drain shall continue.

And talk about dysfunctional...this entrenched bureaucracy is sucking us dry!

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/federal-workers-poised-to-overtake-salaries-of-senators-dc-gets-highest-pay-raise/article/2644368

Screw the pruning knife...we need chainsaws!!!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 07:16:31 AM by Libertas »