Author Topic: It's substitute guest host week for radio and tv  (Read 1888 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
It's substitute guest host week for radio and tv
« on: December 27, 2017, 09:18:48 PM »
All the regulars are on vacation and the radio people are scraping the bottom of the barrel for subs because the few good ones are in high demand.

Rush's program had "Justified" actor, Nick Searcy, in today and after five minutes, I was done.  The guy tried Rush's "I'm the best there is" schtick and ..... uh uh, nope, didn't work.  Mark Steyn will be before the EIB microphone the rest of the week and I'm pretty well over him too these days.

Woe.  First world "problems".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: It's substitute guest host week for radio and tv
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 10:08:34 PM »
Funny - I enjoyed listening to him - although I had no idea WHO he was - had to look him up (I watch zero TV & am unfamiliar with him or his show). I thought the humor in his pontificating was that he's nowhere near the "star" he was pretending to be, but was hamming it up nonetheless.

I liked his approach of mocking the left - a position I need to work into my repertoire as even Christian acquaintances are getting uppity & need to be put back into their place...with aggressive humor.

Stein's schtick does get old (the "Undocumented Radio host" thing) - so I probably won't tune in. But I appreciate the different perspectives they bring to the talk-table, as I have a fatal tendency to get very serious & very "in your face."
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 10:20:53 PM »
I had to look him up as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 04:53:00 AM »
I too enjoyed him but had to Google him and still didn't know him. Billy Cunningham is good when he subs for Levin and anyone is better than Hannity.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 07:20:47 AM »
Steyn is intelligent and knowledgeable...but he can struggle with getting too sucked into the weeds.

I like Rush, always have...but even he has to pull up short on topics for the sake of the continuing enterprise...but Mark Levin is feisty and intelligent which puts him a solid notch higher...though I don't get to catch either much anymore.  But these holidays and the subs can be a mini dark ages...so I tend to not even look though with time off here and there I ironically have the time.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 07:29:54 AM »
I much prefer Steyn as a columnist/author. His speaking style drives me up the frikkin wall. "Into the weeds" about sums it up Libertas.

The guest I really miss is Jason Lewis. Since he became congressman for MN-02, he's unable to use the public airways to talk politics outside his official capacity. Don't always agree with him, but I do most of the time, and when I don't, he makes me think.

When I first began having a spark of conservative thought in my mid 30s, it was Lewis on his local radio show who shared his intellectual firepower and began my transformation.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 08:02:00 AM »
Jason is feisty too, I would listen to him on my commute home when I worked out on the Southwest end of town...I would call in from time to time as he talked about certain issues...he is definitely more in the Libertarian camp of the spectrum and was very supportive of the Tea Party movement and my representative at that time (Michele Bachmann) and that was a energizing time, going to TP rallies at the capitol.  So yeah, I miss his presence on the dial too.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 10:34:09 AM »
I missed Searcy due to work, but still enjoy the occasional Steyn.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson