Author Topic: VIDEO: The Daily Show Camel Fail  (Read 2029 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
VIDEO: The Daily Show Camel Fail
« on: February 23, 2011, 11:39:58 AM »
HT: Althouse...

"The Daily Show" brings a live camel to icy downtown Madison to do a comedy skit, and it gets entangled in a metal fence and falls down horribly.
This is difficult to watch...

VIDEO: The Daily Show Camel Fail

Background and more video here. The show's comic actor John Oliver was on the scene. Obviously, the idea was to play on the comparison between Egypt and Wisconsin, which has been pushed by the local protesters.

Truly nauseating. The linked piece in the Isthmus says it "ends happily" because the animal is eventually able to stand up again. Ithmus is a newspaper of sorts. Let's see if — instead of smiling on camera and calling it a happy ending — the reporter finds out where the TV crew got the camel, who thought it was acceptable to bring a camel out in the ice and snow, who decided to put a collapsible metal fence around the animal, what training the handlers had, why the owners of the camel entrusted its welfare to these people, and what ultimately happened to the animal?

I kind of hate driving traffic to the Isthmus (and to the same reporter who wrote an article trashing me as an egotist because I declined to give him an interview), because it seems to be treating this as a kooky, quirky YouTube moment. It's not. It's animal cruelty.

I'd like an investigation. Should someone be prosecuted?

ADDED: The reporter, Jack Craver, apparently obliges John Oliver who tells him to shut off the camera. The animal struggles for 10 minutes, we hear in the final video, but there's no video of most of that — it seems because Craver bowed to the authority of a comedian. Craver refers to Oliver as a "correspondent." Hello? He's an actor.

In that final video, Craver turns the camera on himself right after the animal finally struggles to its legs. I realize he's happy that the animal has managed to stand up, but I find it hard to believe that is a face of a human being that just watched an animal suffer for 10 minutes.

You know, the world is real. And "The Daily Show" is fake.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: VIDEO: The Daily Show Camel Fail
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 12:07:45 PM »
You know.  If the garbage that is today's left had a leg to stand on (no pun intended  ;)) they wouldn't need stunts such as this.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 12:17:47 PM »
They'll of course get a pass because it's a liberal show. If it had been Glenn Beck or some Fox News personality, there'd be organized demands for resignations, etc.

You'll probably hear nothing about this aside from a few special interest websites like this one: http://www.care2.com/causes/animal-welfare/blog/the-daily-show-blunders-with-camel-stunt/
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 12:36:21 AM »
Okay, I just can't resist (plus it's the left's fault for doing this so remember that)...

They rented the camel but were too cheap to shell out for the jockey.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 12:37:36 AM »
 ::hysterical::

And ... P.U.       

2/3 of a pun.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"