Author Topic: OK, so what is the Trump/Bannon dust up really about?  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
OK, so what is the Trump/Bannon dust up really about?
« on: January 04, 2018, 08:07:46 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-slams-ex-aide-bannon-says-hes-lost-190038818.html

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/367367-bannon-loses-support-of-pro-trump-billionaire-backer-over-media-fights

Is this a clever scheme to bait and poison Herr Mueller and the Progs?  Or is this personal?

And does this -

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-04/a-new-ban-at-the-white-house-staff-s-personal-mobile-phones

- indicate a battening of the hatches either way?

I suspect yes on both, but am interested in other considerations.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: OK, so what is the Trump/Bannon dust up really about?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 08:39:07 AM »
I have no idea what's really going on, but I am a bit disappointed to see Trump and Bannon at each other's throats, if it's genuine.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 09:10:59 AM »
  Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.   And if they're really good friends have a public argument and see what shakes out.  I think Bannon is about to do some really dirty work and the POTUS is going to need distance from it.

FWIW
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 09:57:28 AM »
Tuned in to his radio show this AM but he was silent and none of the callers mentioned it. Probably screened out. Not like him at all

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 12:52:28 PM »
Milo echoed Pan's line - sad to see Trump & Bannon at odds.  That's it.  Nobody seems to know anything.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/01/trump_versus_bannon_is_trump_right.html

I'm kind of the burn it all down variety too...reform doesn't work, it isn't seriously taken up nor goes anywhere near as far the rare mements it is taken up.  And I am not getting any younger here!

And Edmund doesn't know where this is going yet either.  But he is right about this hurting the short term as it takes the eye off the ball of effing over the Progs and E-GOP goons.

I just hope if the latter is the price, the payoff is something yuge.   ;)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 07:02:19 PM »
It's always ego.  Bannon rode the wave to the top and flamed out, and his ego won't allow him to just let it go.

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 01:57:25 PM »
Listened to todays show and nothing. All about Daca and how Trump is going to cave on the wall. Was a good show and I believe he will cave.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 02:02:40 PM »
Listened to todays show and nothing. All about Daca and how Trump is going to cave on the wall. Was a good show and I believe he will cave.

Time will tell I have great hope that he won't.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 03:53:21 PM »

What show?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 05:19:42 PM »
Breibart News, Sirius XM 125 M-F 6AM-9AM, Sat 10AM-1PM also on at night, all live.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 08:42:04 PM »
It's always ego.  Bannon rode the wave to the top and flamed out, and his ego won't allow him to just let it go.

I agree. If this is a ruse it's high-stakes poker. Unless someone pops up and says, "Gotcha!" pretty soon Bannon's rep and his future is in the toilet.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 11:13:08 AM »

I agree. If this is a ruse it's high-stakes poker. Unless someone pops up and says, "Gotcha!" pretty soon Bannon's rep and his future is in the toilet.

If it is just ego then this poor bastard has a huge problem...you don't pick fights you can't win.  Interestingly though, nobody in the E-GOP is gleefully chortling about this pissing contest...either they are staying out of it intentionally...or they sense a trap.  I don't give them much credit for smarts, so must be the latter...Pubbies are almost exclusively motivated by fear.

Offline NHTom

• I don't fit in your fasces
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 01:12:47 PM »
Trump has had a hard time picking cabinet members.  (Flynn.  Sessions)  I assume he's better at business.

The way I understand it is that Bannon rode the wave in, got close to power and thought it was his.  He became increasingly obnoxious 'til Trump said: You're fired!

If Trump backs out on the wall the left will fill the streets in a world of gloat.  Trump would be reviled by everyone.

I predict this will be too much for some members of the right and it will get messy because at that point the right has nothing to lose.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 02:46:06 PM »
If desperation breeds chaos...I'll take what I can get...chaos breeds opportunity...   ::evilbat::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 07:51:34 AM »
Heh, nice try...nobody seems to buy it though.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-07/steve-bannon-apologizes-don-jr-patriot

If he meant to slam only Manafort...well, that didn't come out at the time...

Poor bastard.

I still have no idea if all this was orchestrated ahead of time though...can't shake that thought.

Meanwhile, WikiLeaks put this Wolff Hate-Trump dreck out on the web...and the typical chickenshat Amazonians pulled the plug on comments for this dreck.

SSDD

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 11:34:29 AM »
Methinks F-chuck is merely setting the stage for he D-MC meme "yeah, we said there are some issues with facts...but this that and especially this is Holy Writ!"...

Watch for it!

https://www.weaselzippers.us/370438-nbcs-chuck-todd-confronts-author-of-anti-trump-fire-fury-book-for-having-a-lot-of-errors/

In I'm sure related news...the Commie News Nitwits promote Jim Acosta to full-feathered Chieftain of I Hate Trump Commissariat.

All collectivists go "Woo Woo Woo"!

::hysterical::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero