Author Topic: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Arrested by the Mullahs  (Read 1901 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Arrested by the Mullahs
« on: January 07, 2018, 09:07:49 AM »
If this is true - and it appears to be - it causes me to wonder just exactly who the people are who are "uprising" in Iran. If Ahmadinejad is on their side, they aren't the good guys...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/report-ex-iranian-president-ahmadinejad-arrested-for-inciting-unrest/
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Arrested by the Mullahs
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 09:27:46 AM »
It looks like their uprising is beginning to peter out as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 09:39:53 AM »
If Ahmadinejad is on their side, they aren't the good guys...

I can't see him having a change of heart and deciding a democracy is so great that soon. Or ever.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 11:08:23 AM »
Wow, this is a toughie, who to believe...the ruling batshyt-crazy murderous Shiites in Tehran...or these so-called "reliable sources" that the London-based daily Al-Quds Al-Arabi cite...both of which are likely unreliable sources as far as non-batshyt-crazy westerners are concerned.

So, likely more going on here than what we are being told...smells like the Theocracy might be blowing disinformation in order to cause dissension in the rebel ranks and cause its leadership to question "who brought that asshole into the cause?" type witch hunts.  If Achmedisajerk fell out of favor with the reigning crazies for any reason it might serve their purpose to throw him under the bus for a two-fer.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Syzygy

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 01:13:32 PM »
You really can't read too much into this.  The Iranian presidency is a totally bogus sham office for the benefit of the ruling mullahs.  It's to give the appearance of a democracy to what is in reality a theocracy.

That said,  any president,  past or present, is dispensable at the whim of the ruling theocratic elite.  If Ahm-a-gonna-sit-right-down-and-write-myself-a-letter has been arrested,  it is for the purposes of furthering the mullahs' agenda,  whatever that may be. 

Recall the first president,  Banisadr,  after the '79 revolution.  He barely got out of town in time to save his own hide,  and has been in exile ever since. 

His right hand man and spokesman here in the U.S.,  Goats-by-day (phonetic),  was not so lucky.  They executed his smarmy ass when he returned. 

If the mullahs say Ahm-a-ding-dong-daddy-from-Dumas is somehow responsible for the unrest,   the opposite is probably true.  Just sayin'. 

You'll not get the truth from that bunch.   Quite the opposite,  usually.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 02:47:11 PM »
I think we're on the same wave-length here.

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.