Author Topic: The Brain Who Leads The Uncurious Lemmings  (Read 2638 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
The Brain Who Leads The Uncurious Lemmings
« on: May 24, 2011, 08:16:59 PM »
LINK

(CNSNews.com) - In his commencement speech at Hamilton College on Sunday, former Vice President Al Gore told the graduates that global warming is “the most serious challenge our civilization has ever faced.” But as an undergraduate at Harvard University in the late 1960s, Gore--one of the most prominent spokesmen on climate change today--earned a “D” in Natural Sciences.

Gore’s transcript documents that during his sophomore year at Harvard he earned a "D" in Natural Sciences 6 (Man’s Place in Nature). Also, as a senior at Harvard, he earned a C-plus in Natural Sciences 118.

So...this, along with a less than clever sales pitch, will get you a Nobel Prize and an Academy Award.

He flunked out of divinity school, too, you may remember.

Stupid is as stupid does.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Brain Who Leads The Uncurious Lemmings
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 06:44:41 AM »
Just goes to show how a room temperature IQ, the right connections, government handouts and a fawning mass of morons can elevate your status light years beyond where nature would have originally allowed him to go!

::puke::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 07:08:34 AM »
Lucky sperm club

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: The "Brain" Who Leads The Uncurious Lemmings
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »
Great article by Walter Russell Mead. This has been posted all over the net in the last few days and if you haven't seen it, well, it's a good read:

Gore has the Midas touch in reverse; objects of great value (Nobel prizes, Oscars) turn dull and leaden at his touch.  Few celebrity cause leaders have had more or better publicity than Gore has had for his climate advocacy.  Hailed by the world press, lionized by the entertainment community and the Global Assemblage of the Great and the Good as incarnated in the Nobel Peace Prize committee, he has nevertheless seen the movement he led flounder from one inglorious defeat to the next.  The most recent, failed global climate meeting passed almost unnoticed last week in Bonn; the world has turned its eyes away from the expiring anguish of the Copenhagen agenda.

Oh, yeah: This article is part one. So there's more Gore Fail on the way. I look forward to it.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 12:59:39 AM »
Part Two is now available:

Mr. Gore’s work up to and including his latest Rolling Stone essay has taken a demagogic rather than intellectual approach.  His method of arguing is to trumpet the science of climate change and to make ad hominem arguments against its opponents.  The science is clear, it is settled, and the opposition against it is funded by people with an economic stake in denial.  I am right about the science and my opponents are a bunch of evil opportunists in it only for the money.

That is Mr. Gore’s position, and it is his entire position.  He says nothing about the feasibility of the proposed GGCT or its cost effectiveness.  That, presumably, we must take on faith.  There is nothing to discuss about policy.  It is essentially the cry of Chicken Little: “The sky is falling and we must run and tell the king.”

Thus speaketh Al Gore: the world is burning down and so you must immediately follow my plan for fixing what’s wrong.  He does not discuss whether his plan is feasible; to anyone who objects to the ponderous, unwieldy Rube Goldberg style green treaty agenda, Gore simply bellows:  “What’s the matter you soul-dead, hired flack of the evil oil companies, don’t you believe in Science?”

And that's because Gore is not a very bright person. Clever enough to see how to take financial advantage of the crisis that he preaches about. Or, more likely, able to follow someone else's step by step instructions for profiting from carbon futures. But not clever enough to do a passable job of faking his sincerity about this new religion that he leads.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 01:04:03 AM by trapeze »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 06:53:51 AM »
I wonder how that all sits with real scientists...science must bow to faith...the data will prove St.AlGore right...sometime in the distant future...we think...but to combat the threat we must act now and we must crush the deniers as evil agents bent upon unleashing climate Armageddon on us all!

Quite hysterical, isn't it?

One might conclude, correctly, that this climate cult has all the trappings of an extremist religion...like say...Isslam!

Convert or die, infidel!

::speechless::

FOAD AlGore and take your cultists with you!

::mooning::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 09:00:17 AM »
gore is known in Tennessee as......Therevalgore....climate envangelist.

ala Earnest Angley.......He thumps you on the forehead, yells BE HEALED BY THE CARBON CREDIT!!!! as he passes the carbon collection plate.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 11:28:41 AM »
If memory serves that pathetic halfwit couldn't even win his home state in 2000!

LOSER!!!!!!!!

::hysterical::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 11:55:59 AM »
If memory serves that pathetic halfwit couldn't even win his home state in 2000!

LOSER!!!!!!!!

He did not......We don't vote for liberals.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 12:04:32 PM »

LOSER!!!!!!!!

Y'all got good fishin' down there?  How's the job market?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 01:08:21 PM »

LOSER!!!!!!!!

Y'all got good fishin' down there?  How's the job market?

Fishin is great....Job market ok in Nashville and surrounding counties....out side these counties it is slim pickins.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 01:46:29 PM »

I want to be a travel guide in Pigeon Forge

or a salesman at
                www.smkw.com.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 07:44:09 PM »

I want to be a travel guide in Pigeon Forge

or a salesman at
                www.smkw.com.

Sounds good Charles!

::thumbsup::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 12:17:26 AM »
Part Three of The Failure Who Is Algore

Some readers are wondering why I am spending so much time analyzing the political problems of a former vice president.  It is not out of any personal animus toward Mr. Gore.  Though I’m not expecting any invitations to any of Mr. Gore’s lovely homes, the doors to the stately Mead manor in glamorous Queens are always open should the ex-Veep want to drop in for a hot cup of joe.

My interest in the decay of the former vice president’s public position is partly because — like Jimmy Carter — he has had such an active post-Washington career.  Not even Ronald Reagan won an Oscar, and Reagan (though he deserved it) never got a Nobel.  Gore’s signature issue, the climate, is a major one, and Al Gore has been at the center of the most important movement of international civil society since the Nuclear Freeze movement of the 1980s.

The serial rise and fall of these vacuous civil society movements and the peculiar grip they exercise over the minds of some otherwise intelligent people is an important subject: why do so many people who want to help solve global problems waste so much time and money and, sometimes, do so much harm?  Is there some way to harness that energy and idealism to causes and strategies that might do more good?  What does the repeated rise and fall of clueless but well educated and well placed enthusiasts teach us about the state of our civilization and the human condition?  Are there ways we could nip these Malthusian panics and idealistic feeding frenzies in the bud?  Is there some way we could teach future generations to be a little smarter about politics and power so that the 21st century, which is going to have plenty of serious problems, might spend less time chasing mares’ nests?

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 04:41:56 AM »
The Inconvenient Goof's personal stake in this amounts to hundreds of millions of dollars . A concept that's based on lies will always fall apart in the end regardless of how desperately you try to shore it up . Beside that ... Tipper has some pretty hefty alimony coming . This is getting funnier by the day ! ;D

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 09:13:49 AM »
After defeat, therevalgore came back to Tennessee, lamenting the loss of his home state and stated he was gonna get to know the people again and "get back to his roots"...... Fortunately for us, his roots were in DC and he went on to become therevalgore, climate envangelist.

He lived in Tennessee once.....He never had our values. He is nothing but a snake oil salesman and the people here want no part of him. He came back and lied some more.

Liberals are liars.