Author Topic: Motorhead  (Read 1351 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Motorhead
« on: January 18, 2018, 08:01:49 PM »
I saw where Fast Eddie Clarke passed away, which means the entire classic lineup of Motorhead has passed away in just a couple of years.   :'(

That's the third band I can think of where they're all gone.  The Jimi Hendrix Experience and The Ramones are the other two. 

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Motorhead
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 08:53:45 PM »
Yup. All gone.

Motörhead was an enigma to me. I had occasion to see them perform live 2 times, and they were the worst sounding live act I've ever seen, bar none. I think they're one of those bands where a whole lotta people loved the rebel attitude and authenticity of Lemmy, but probably couldn't have named more than two Motörhead songs.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 06:58:33 AM »
Early on they covered some old tunes, Train Kept a Rollin, Louie Louie.

Everybody has to know Ace of Spades, right?  It's a classic.

Lemmy helped write stuff for Ozzy, including Mama I'm Coming Home (good song!).

But yeah I think IDP, is right, I think most people just liked their attitude and loud angst.  Never caught them live.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 06:48:35 PM »
I never saw them, but I do have a live album and it's OK.  You knew what you were getting when you bought a Motorhead album.  They all kind of sound the same.  They're all a certainly quality level.  I've never heard a bad album from them.  Then again, I've never heard a classic album from them, either.  It's all kind of the same, except for a few songs like Ace of Spades.

I didn't post this because I'm the biggest Motorhead fan, but the fact that entire bands are now dying off.  Sucks getting old.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 06:44:24 PM »
Yeah, I hear ya.  R&R's not especially known for their healthy lifestyle and longevity...but the passing of a generation is, picking up it seems.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.