Author Topic: Aww: "Silky" To Be Indicted.  (Read 1720 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Aww: "Silky" To Be Indicted.
« on: May 24, 2011, 11:28:46 PM »
I'm not sure what the news is here. Is it that Edwards is going to get indicted or that it's the notoriously corrupt O'Bama Justice Department that is going to do it?

The United States Department of Justice has green-lighted the prosecution of former presidential candidate John Edwards for alleged violations of campaign laws while he tried to cover up an extra-marital affair, ABC News has learned.

A source close to the case said Edwards is aware that the government intends to seek an indictment and that the former senator from North Carolina is now considering his limited options. He could accept a plea bargain with prosecutors or face a potentially costly trial.

LINK
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Aww: "Silky" To Be Indicted.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 11:37:04 PM »
So is this a separate thing from the last one he skirted? If he ends up in prison maybe he'll learn what spreading the wealth is all about.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:52:14 PM »
He'll get some first hand experience with that "two Americas" thingy.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 03:35:36 AM »
It's a safe prosecution because Stymie's Justice Dept. considers him no better than a Republican .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 06:48:36 AM »
But its just about lying over who you screwed (both instances), that can't sit too well with proglodytes!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 10:35:49 PM »
O how far the mighty have fallen.

Karma is interesting, is it not?  Here's a man who was instrumental in wreaking havoc, through the "justice system", on mere participants in the misfortunes of life, who is now about to be hung by his own "petard", so to speak.

We are assured that "Justice Will Be Done".  Most of the time we derive some small measure of comfort from that assurance even knowing said Justice will be delivered in another realm, so it's rare that we get to watch it being administered right here and now.  It leaves me wondering just how bad he was that it is so swift.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 05:40:49 AM »
It leaves me wondering just how bad he was that it is so swift.

He ran against Duh Won! in 2008.  Doesn't get much badder than that.

/It's 'The Chicago Way'.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 04:01:17 PM »
Now if only the people who supported him for prez would stop and analyze their awful powers of judgment.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 11:24:51 AM »
Now if only the people who supported him for prez would stop and analyze their awful powers of judgment.

And admit they made an error?? Please.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie