Topics > The Departed

Motorhead

(1/1)

ToddF:
I saw where Fast Eddie Clarke passed away, which means the entire classic lineup of Motorhead has passed away in just a couple of years.   :'(

That's the third band I can think of where they're all gone.  The Jimi Hendrix Experience and The Ramones are the other two. 

IronDioPriest:
Yup. All gone.

Motörhead was an enigma to me. I had occasion to see them perform live 2 times, and they were the worst sounding live act I've ever seen, bar none. I think they're one of those bands where a whole lotta people loved the rebel attitude and authenticity of Lemmy, but probably couldn't have named more than two Motörhead songs.

Libertas:
Early on they covered some old tunes, Train Kept a Rollin, Louie Louie.

Everybody has to know Ace of Spades, right?  It's a classic.

Lemmy helped write stuff for Ozzy, including Mama I'm Coming Home (good song!).

But yeah I think IDP, is right, I think most people just liked their attitude and loud angst.  Never caught them live.

ToddF:
I never saw them, but I do have a live album and it's OK.  You knew what you were getting when you bought a Motorhead album.  They all kind of sound the same.  They're all a certainly quality level.  I've never heard a bad album from them.  Then again, I've never heard a classic album from them, either.  It's all kind of the same, except for a few songs like Ace of Spades.

I didn't post this because I'm the biggest Motorhead fan, but the fact that entire bands are now dying off.  Sucks getting old.

Libertas:
Yeah, I hear ya.  R&R's not especially known for their healthy lifestyle and longevity...but the passing of a generation is, picking up it seems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version