Author Topic: Finicum family files wrongful death lawsuit against FBI, BLM, OSP & others  (Read 5726 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
The family of Oregon occupation spokesman Robert "LaVoy" Finicum filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court against the United States, the FBI, Oregon State Police, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management, Oregon's governor and others on the second anniversary of his death.

The complaint claims Finicum was shot "assassination style'' by "one or more militarized officers of the Oregon State Police and/or FBI'' as he was trying to drive "across the county border'' to seek the protection of Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer on Jan. 26, 2016.

The suit likened it to what happened to a North Korean soldier who was shot while running across the border last November to South Korea, though he survived.

"Finicum was deliberately executed by a pre-planned government ambush, after he had exited his vehicle with his hands up,'' the complaint says.

Portland attorney Lisa Ludwig with Utah lawyer J. Morgan Philpot filed the complaint in U.S. District Court in Pendleton on behalf of the Finicum family. It was entered into the court database at 12:03 a.m. Friday. The suit seeks more than $5 million in damages for Finicum's wife, Jeanette Finicum, and each of their 12 children and his estate.

The complaint lists as defendants Greg Bretzing, former FBI special agent in charge in Portland, indicted FBI agent W. Joseph Astarita, Oregon Gov. Kate Brown, U.S. Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Oregon, former U.S. Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nevada, Harney County Sheriff Dave Ward, Harney County commissioner Steven Grasty, the Center for Biological Diversity and multiple unnamed officers.

"These defendants were mentally predisposed and committed to using excessive lethal force, to solve a political dispute,'' the complaint says. "The result has been both haunting and tragic.''

It contends the defendants engaged in "widespread and systemic corruption'' and the "premeditated targeting'' of Finicum and others because of his association with Nevada cattleman Cliven Bundy and Bundy family members, his membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints and his political views and activism critical of federal land management and the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.

The suit contends police and the FBI set up a "Deadman's roadblock'' on rural U.S. 395 where Finicum was shot and killed. It accuses the FBI, Oregon State Police and Bureau of Land Management of negligence and failing to properly train and supervise its officers.

https://articles.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2018/01/finicum_family_files_wrongful.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Let us hope and pray the family sees justice finally done and the gestapo tactics of badged criminals is dealt a severe blow!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Go get 'em!  WAR.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero

It looked to me like he was falling walking through deep snow.
In a civil suit the burden is more likely than not, not beyong a shadow of a doubt.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

It looked to me like he was falling walking through deep snow.
In a civil suit the burden is more likely than not, not beyong a shadow of a doubt.

We chronicled a lot in in this thread and the guy I linked here did a pretty good job of analyzing the execution of Lavoy.

Basically, they set an ambush and were intent upon provoking an incident and intent upon shooting somebody to send a message...and like that psycho cop in Arizona they fired one verbal order after another at unarmed Lavoy as he stumbled unarmed in snow to turn him into a non-compliant puppet just so they could create the appearance of resistance to justify their hail of bullets...and altered video, prevarications, perjury and criticism of their motives and actions be damned!

I hope the family nails each and every one of these goons to the wall!

The message sent by the goons is clear.   ;)

Prepare ye souls!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:13:28 AM by Libertas »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Makes this read so much more important.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/01/19/why-ruby-ridge-still-matters/

Yup.  Lawlessness by those supposed to be beholden to it renders all laws moot, social compacts rendered meaningless...and shooting on sight works both ways!

Cannot believe these psychos don't see that...but they will.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Makes this read so much more important.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/01/19/why-ruby-ridge-still-matters/

Yup.  Lawlessness by those supposed to be beholden to it renders all laws moot, social compacts rendered meaningless...and shooting on sight works both ways!

Cannot believe these psychos don't see that...but they will.

The only time they will is when it turns on them.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Finicum family files wrongful death lawsuit against FBI, BLM, OSP & others
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 08:47:39 PM »
FBI told State Police to dispense with body cams on the day of the Finicum execution!

https://www.weaselzippers.us/373544-fbi-told-state-police-not-to-wear-body-cameras-for-2016-stop-of-oregon-refuge-occupation-leaders/

If the FBI is no better than the Gestapo, we should have no more need for the damned FBI!

And in the monkey see, monkey do LEO ranks this kind of arbitrary action tends to spread, time to end it!

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 10:38:23 PM »
The things we're learning about the FBI and other federal agencies are scary. Particularly how they were weaponized under Hussein Obama, but not solely. Remembering federal agent abuses at Ruby Ridge, Waco, Elian Gonzales, etc, is instructive. But under Hussein, these weaponized agencies have really shown a new radical bent. Then, when you put that in context by remembering billions of rounds of ammunition purchased by basically every federal agency under the sun, it really makes you wonder WTF the deep state intentions are in the long run. I'm beginning to wonder if there's anything they can't get away with short of open rebellion of the citizenry against them.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 09:10:18 AM »
Yup, a definite and escalating pattern of tyranny of the likes we haven't seen since the terror of the KKK, White Liners, Rifle Clubs, and the Knights of the White Camelia...and they were all democrats too, ironically.

I remember Weaver's wife holding their baby...when the FBI sniper shot her dead.  Reno's goons setting Waco ablaze and grabbing the Gonzalez boy with stormtroopers and sending him back to Cuba, Holder running guns to Mexican Drug Lords and getting Agent Terry slaughtered, Obama weaponizing agencies to target Tea Party and Conservatives by the score...and nobody on their side with a civil rights or privacy conscience utter boo!

Yeah, there's one hell of a reckoning coming...and they've all earned it!

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 12:21:51 PM »
I recall the shooter charged by the govt here had earlier been disciplined for lying about not shooting and collecting his brass. He did not fire the fatal shot(s) as I recall.

If being asked to turn off body cams is true that should fun trying to explain to a civil jury. Also the "group interviews" of the cops.  Also, I would not be surprised if there is some written procedure on how to handle officer involved shootings. One they did not follow.

At ACOC I used to rant about this periodically. Mirian Carey. The MSM lied more about her than the Bundys. A cone of silence descended over the press, except for WND. Years later the atty for next of kin still cannot get any videos from security cams or dash cams. 'National Security' you see.

Let's not forget the Waco bikers either.

Episode 3 of the Waco (Koresh) mini-series is on Wed, streamable Thursday. I could only get  it by paying an extra $16 to Amazon for the series  but my cable provider is not on the "Paramount" list.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 02:00:00 PM »
I re-watched the PBS special on Ruby Ridge. It was not as bad as I remembered, although it spent lots of time smearing Randy Weaver.

Two things jumped out at me this time:
1. The feds kept talking about 'the children.' They espoused such concern for 'the children.'
2. There were 400  feds on site. 400!

In the first 2 episodes of the current Waco mini-series the Feds kept sanctimoniously expressing concern for 'the children.'

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 02:03:59 PM »
I re-watched the PBS special on Ruby Ridge. It was not as bad as I remembered, although it spent lots of time smearing Randy Weaver.

1. The feds kept talking about 'the children.' They espoused such concern for 'the children.'

In the first 2 episodes of the current Waco mini-series the Feds kept sanctimoniously expressing concern for 'the children.'

We watched a 2 part documentary on Waco last week, and it was fairly even-handed. Not much editorializing by the film-makers, but they let the cops and survivors have their say, and that was pretty telling on both ends.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 05:17:12 PM »

After Ruby ridge shooting there was an internal complaint filed by the negotiater against the man in charge of Ruby Ridge because as far as he was concerned it was a bad shooting. The only reason Weaver came out was because he was told that the only way to get the truth out was in court and if he stayed inside they would shoot him and burry the truth.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 06:24:15 PM »

After Ruby ridge shooting there was an internal complaint filed by the negotiater against the man in charge of Ruby Ridge because as far as he was concerned it was a bad shooting. The only reason Weaver came out was because he was told that the only way to get the truth out was in court and if he stayed inside they would shoot him and burry the truth.

That aspect was portrayed in the Waco mini-series as well.  They did not start the Ruby Ridge part with killing the dog and son, they started after that.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 07:04:10 AM »
The Waco biker slaughter was another Fedcoat kill team op, and like at Malheur Refuge the so-called "siege" had Fedcoat infiltrators in the citizenry.

IMO these goons are earning their Gestapo creds.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 09:12:53 AM »
The Waco biker slaughter was another Fedcoat kill team op,

So far everything I've read says it's all local level. With the District Attorney being the biggest ass.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 11:49:17 AM »

So far everything I've read says it's all local level. With the District Attorney being the biggest ass.

There were "undercover" cops there, yes? And no cams, hell some people were detained how long without charges? All part of the Fedcoat example being replicated.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 12:12:15 PM »

There were "undercover" cops there, yes? And no cams, hell some people were detained how long without charges? All part of the Fedcoat example being replicated.

Yes.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
This just pissed me off to no end!

Everything about this is a lie…errant shots my ass!  Purposeful assassination sanctioned by the government, period!

Letting this lying asshole off is a massive middle finger to American citizens…who can now be gunned down anytime anywhere for any reason and the fedcoats have no accountability to fear.

But they’ll learn fear…because thanks to sh*t like this there is only one option left to a people abandoned to evil whims of tyrants.

https://apnews.com/8d7195d0b612496aa4ad907b603611fe

How can anyone with any sense whatsoever look at this and think the American Republic still exists and has any hope of repair?

::upsidedownflag::

On a very related note, new updates added here...the time of gathering and finalizing preparations fast approaches -

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,14241.msg173473.html#msg173473