Topics > Entertainment

Pulling the plug on Big TV

(1/5) > >>

Libertas:
Unplugging from the matrix, I'll find another avenue for catching GOT, not paying for all that garbage only to cherry pick here and there for the rare gem in the field of manure!

IronDioPriest:
I'm planning the same. I just wanna make sure I have access to the things we like to watch.

Libertas:
I will have to look at internet options...may need a nephew to help make that happen...me being a fossil analog guy!  :o

patentlymn:
For decades I watched almost no TV. Long ago I liked Rockford Files then Wiseguy, both well written. Some Law and Order was OK.  I used TV to watch movies, first VHS then DVDs.  Right now there are no movies I would see even if they were free at the theater.  The Founder was good and I liked Norman but Norman  is not for everyone.

My favorite TV shows in recent history are The Good Wife and The Americans.

In the past several years TV writing has gotten much better and movies now suck.  There are more outlets for TV and video is easier and cheaper to produce than it was in the film days. Many creative scripts get produced. I read that Breaking Bad was rejected by every studio/channel except AMC.

I have HS internet plus a Roku box. I can subscribe to Netflix, HBO, SHO, Amazon Prime for $10 to $15 per month each if I want.
Amazon Prime currently has The Good Wife, The Americans, Hand of God, Sneaky Peat, Man in the High Castle, The Wire, Mrs. Maisel, Mr. Robot, etc. $99 for one year of Amazon Prime as I recall.

HBO has Silicon Valley

SHO has Billions

Netflix has Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Dexter

IMO The Americans is the best series I have seen. The final season starts end of March.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zuOA1-Esoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOu8jazlA9k

ToddF:
Plus you don't have to subscribe to all at once.  You can binge on one, then switch to another.  Of course, that might not work for movies as they rotate their selection but if you only watch TV shows, that's the way to go.  Netflix DVD/Bluerays are still a good option, for the movies, and you could subscribe to all the streaming services and not get access to all the movies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version