Topics > Entertainment

Pulling the plug on Big TV

<< < (2/5) > >>

Pablo de Fleurs:
Happy to hear you're moving in my direction. The last time I watched television regularly, M*A*S*H was not in syndication, but a regularly scheduled program. As I type this, The Music Channel (usually classical, or Jazz) is playing.

BUT - I may be purchasing my 1st Smart TV (we have a non-HD "fat" television now) - because our company is switching to digital/streaming presentations as opposed to live (college classroom) ones; we'll do 1 or 2 live & 1-2 streaming per month - which will be better viewed on a larger TV monitor rather than a traditional computer desktop.

And I'm betting John Wick III will be more appealing on the smart-tv as well!

Libertas:
My brother has Amazon, will have to drop over there sometime and give it a gander.

AlanS:
I've been married 27 yrs. We've never had cable or satellite. Only within the last couple years did we get Netflix.

Have a chit load of movies on VHS and DVD.

Libertas:
I have a load...not sure if it's full chit.

rustybayonet:
Think I've got chit squared, and have given many away.. Now thinking of "Sling, but daughter told me to get a 'smart TV' [tried to tell her smart TV and dumb watcher doesn't mix], then sign up for prime on Amazon - after that can get TV through them for real cheap, [ old fart doesn't remember - waiting to hear from her on cost]. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version