Author Topic: Momma Grizzly film due out in June  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Momma Grizzly film due out in June
« on: May 25, 2011, 08:20:00 AM »
Interesting read...seeing the reaction to this film will no doubt influence her final decision on running in 2012...probably the biggest wildcard yet to declare, so it should generate plenty of discussion.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/05/25/palins_secret_weapon_new_film_to_premiere_in_june_109949.html
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Momma Grizzly film due out in June
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 09:23:17 AM »
I'd go see this.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 09:30:02 AM »

Premier in Iowa?

Isn't that the first caucus?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 10:21:00 AM »
Yup.  To hit New Hampshire too.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 11:07:01 AM »
It is really unfortunate for the American people that the best we can hope for in vetting and promoting conservative candidates is to rebut lies that have become truth in the minds of millions. And really what it boils down to in the mind of a vast swath of the passive electorate is two competing versions of events between which they must decide. No matter which effort prevails in swaying opinion, the factual account of the truth is lost somewhere in the morass.

Who hasn't made up their mind about Sarah Palin? Virtually everyone in the civilized world has formed an opinion based on what they've been fed and chosen to consume. It would take a massive reexamination and reinterpretation of the facts to sway anyone off their currently held views. People outside our political/ideological influence will not see this film as truth rebutting lies. They'll see it as an attempt at image repair which they will hold up to their current understanding, and then either will or will not believe. This film will have to be excellent - and widely viewed - in order to have any meaningful impact on the already culturally-absorbed opinion of Sarah Palin.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 02:42:45 PM »
I'll watch it. Hopw she runs. If she declares, there may be 3 candidates I'd support....Yhe rest are lilly livered cowards.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 03:31:49 PM »
Well, if the demos can create lies about our conservative candidates, and form false truth, supported by the useful idiots in the repub party, then what are supposed to do?

We have to start pushing back somewhere for someone. If can't push back for Sarah, then we just don't have what it takes to win for anybody.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

hemm

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 05:16:32 PM »
I will watch it.........

Still have the Alaska series on the DVR too.............

She's running.....just a matter of time before she declares.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 05:36:11 PM »
Heh.  I just got an e-mail alert about the movie while I was reading the article.  I don't know where "Momma Grizzly" came from, though.  The movie is entitled "The Undefeated".

Hell yes she's running.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 06:11:19 PM »

It's About Liberty link to article

You will recall that Palin-hating blogger David Epstein was arrested in December and charged with felony incest for having sex with his adult daughter (now 24) from 2006 through 2009.

One of our readers has obtained court documents (for Case #2010NY090162) indicating that Epstein copped a plea to a misdemeanor charge of attempted incest. (Click the image to enlarge).

HT: The Other McCain

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 07:00:07 PM »

It's About Liberty link to article

You will recall that Palin-hating blogger David Epstein was arrested in December and charged with felony incest for having sex with his adult daughter (now 24) from 2006 through 2009.

One of our readers has obtained court documents (for Case #2010NY090162) indicating that Epstein copped a plea to a misdemeanor charge of attempted incest. (Click the image to enlarge).

HT: The Other McCain

Did he cop a plea or cop a feel?

Simply sick......Which makes him a great liberal.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 06:58:16 AM »
Heh.  I just got an e-mail alert about the movie while I was reading the article.  I don't know where "Momma Grizzly" came from, though.  The movie is entitled "The Undefeated".

Hell yes she's running.

The Momma Grizzly line just came from me, sorry for the confusion, I just happen to like that descriptor and all that it entails.

Since she is one of the few who doesn't shrink in the face of evil, I quite naturally would strongly favor her candidacy.

Her haters will continue to wallow in blind hatred no matter what, so the detractors who pooh-pooh her candidacy as doomed because of high negatives can go hang!  There are right and wrong reasons for negative opinions, those who hate Sarah are hating her for the wrong reason because they hate her basic good nature...people who walk the walk and not just talk the talk will always confuse the leftists and make them cognizant of their own inner demons, that a conservative makes them feel this way drives them insane.  To me Sarah is a win-win, she gives us the principled unwavering leader/warrior we crave and she makes our enemies tremble in fear.  Can it get any better than that?  I hope she runs.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 09:37:48 AM »
In another time, under another code, I would follow Sarah Palin as my Queen. I think she has and is everything we need in a President for this seemingly impossible point in history, and I would cast my vote for her more enthusiastically than I would any other American of whom I am currently aware.

But unless an effort to rehabilitate her public image against the Leftist lies is successful, I believe she'll lose to Obama. This country can't afford 4 more years of Obama. If she intends to run, she has her work cut out for her. Capturing the GOP nomination is an unworthy achievement if there is no viable path to general election success.

Folks like us are the ones who by-and-large will see this film, but we're not the ones who need convincing. There is a vast swath of the passive electorate that she'll need to convince, and their opinions are already formed. She'll need to reach them, and that's a tall order.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 11:29:26 AM »
Given the current lopsided playing field tilted toward proglodyte trash, who, if not Sarah, could possibly stand a better chance to convince those in the "vast swath of the passive electorate" to abondon Obama and certain destruction and embrace them?

If the nominee is another Ruling Class joker conservatives will abondon that nominee in droves and it may well get clowns like Ron Paul to run as an independent and Obama will get another 4 years (or more)!  And it will certainly start the complete disintegration of the GOP, which IMO would be entirely justified.

If the nominee is a meek conservative, those passives will be so bored the might not even vote, and some conservatives may be indifferent as well...another victory for Obama.

If the nominee is a conservative who is a fighter with common sense ideas to immense problems and refuses to play by the lefts rules, that is our only chance, not just for conservatives, but the for the nation and the sake of the world at large.

So, who's gonna lead us out of the darkness?

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 03:07:04 PM »
Some one like Sarah Palin will force comfortable conservatives to make a choice like those in my family who think she should just "keep doing what she's doing".  They want to think some other conservative is going to come along that everyone will like--and that kind of person will have the balls to do what's needed.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 04:25:22 PM »

Chris Christie?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 04:55:04 PM »

Chris Christie?

Christie is a tough-talking, fiscally conservative, gun-grabbing, apologist for Islamic radicals. That truth would be revealed in a primary contest, and he would not win it.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 07:15:35 AM »
Some one like Sarah Palin will force comfortable conservatives to make a choice like those in my family who think she should just "keep doing what she's doing".  They want to think some other conservative is going to come along that everyone will like--and that kind of person will have the balls to do what's needed.

And if nobody else steps up?   ::speechless::

But I think Sarah will run, she's going on tour.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/palin-readies-east-coast-tour-amid-presidential-speculation/2011/05/26/AGGhZ5BH_story.html

And for an undeclared candidate you have to say she is being looked at with hope by many.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147806/Romney-Palin-Lead-Reduced-GOP-Field-2012.aspx

I for one will support her 100% if she runs, and ad hom attackers will find no quarter with me!

::thumbsup::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 05:19:28 PM »

She, like Mitt Romney, has spent the last four years helping other candidates win. Unlike Romney, she has collected herself and burnished her conservative credentials.  She is powerful, a hidden general.  There are other tireless, hidden generals such as Michele Bachmann.  It's not certain they are going to run.  It is a certainty they are up to something and it will be a happy surprise.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 08:46:58 PM »
In another time, under another code, I would follow Sarah Palin as my Queen. I think she has and is everything we need in a President for this seemingly impossible point in history, and I would cast my vote for her more enthusiastically than I would any other American of whom I am currently aware.

But unless an effort to rehabilitate her public image against the Leftist lies is successful, I believe she'll lose to Obama. This country can't afford 4 more years of Obama. If she intends to run, she has her work cut out for her. Capturing the GOP nomination is an unworthy achievement if there is no viable path to general election success.

Folks like us are the ones who by-and-large will see this film, but we're not the ones who need convincing. There is a vast swath of the passive electorate that she'll need to convince, and their opinions are already formed. She'll need to reach them, and that's a tall order.

I'm not sure her public image is as tarnished as the media wants us to believe. My patrons accept her, no, they love her. Granted, I'm in a conservative area, but she is appreciated and would get the vote. Leftists are gonna lie no matter what..... The hatred  thrown at Palin will be counteracted with resolve of the voter. Call it the silent majority, call it the religious right, call it the Tea party....call it what you will....I believe she will turnout a massive vote. The naysayers will ALWAYS be present. No movie, no speech will change it.

It's why I don't believe this doc is intended to shore up a tarnished image, or change the minds of those who may be "on the fence". I believe it is intended as reinforcement of what we already know. She will not win over the naysayers..... I believe the beauty of Palin is she doesn't need to.....She needs the vote of those who do not wear their "politics" on thier sleeve,,,they just vote. They are conservative and thier voice is normally only heard when they feel there is a candidate worth supporting.

I believe she will get people to the polls. En masse.