Topics > General Board

Phone Scams

<< < (2/7) > >>

IronDioPriest:
There's one scam going around with a robocall, saying, "Can you hear me OK?" If you say yes, they capture that audio and use it somehow to hack into your accounts. Not sure how it works, but warnings against this particular scam have been pretty prolific a lately.

Libertas:
I don't answer squat. I don't know the number or no caller ID, ignore it.  Decades ago before digital displays and caller ID those poor dumb bastards calling at dinner time didn't get a "hello" but they did get a nice air horn blast!

::evilbat::

paulh:
The problem now is that air horn is blasting a recording. I yell, if a human answers I put the receiver up to whatever I'm streaming. If I've had several beers I just debate them

AlanS:

--- Quote from: John Florida on February 08, 2018, 09:38:12 AM ---On some of the calls I dial 2 and they stop for a while.

--- End quote ---

How does that work? Android or Iphone?

matt523:

--- Quote from: IronDioPriest on February 08, 2018, 10:53:06 AM ---There's one scam going around with a robocall, saying, "Can you hear me OK?" If you say yes, they capture that audio and use it somehow to hack into your accounts. Not sure how it works, but warnings against this particular scam have been pretty prolific a lately.

--- End quote ---
What can they get from a recording of me saying "Who the hell are you?"  ::thinking::

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version