Author Topic: Phone Scams  (Read 4445 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Phone Scams
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2018, 05:20:17 PM »
My various bosses have given me grief over the years because of my attitude about phones (I hate them!). They feeeeeeeeeeeeel that I am being disrespectful because I have rules regarding my phone and I enforce them with rigor.

I don't answer the phone if I don't know the number on the display or if it reads "private". If they don't want me to know who they are I don't, either.

One of my bosses once axed me why I won't answer and I told him, "After my x killed our daughter she went insane and I don't have any interest in dealing with her that doesn't involve a .357 and a shovel"

When I give out my number I tell my customers, "Call me if you need me - but abuse the privilege and I'll block you and you'll have to look elsewhere for support". Only one guy found out I was serious and he was dogged by everyone else, telling him, "You F it up for us and we'll F you up for good measure!"

Understand that telephones are for business and not sorting out your feelings. Start that with me and you'll hear a dial-tone.

Offline kermit

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2018, 08:27:44 PM »
"just leave a message, maybe I'll call"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2018, 10:45:00 PM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline NHTom

• I don't fit in your fasces
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2018, 12:32:16 PM »
There's one scam going around with a robocall, saying, "Can you hear me OK?" If you say yes, they capture that audio and use it somehow to hack into your accounts. Not sure how it works, but warnings against this particular scam have been pretty prolific a lately.
I got hit by this one yesterday.  She claimed it was a survey and kept asking "can you hear me."  "Shall we start now?"

I told her I wasn't falling for her scam and hung up.

I need an air horn.

EVERY SINGLE DAY, be it telephone or email or whatever, someone's pounding on your door in an effort to rip you off.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2018, 07:22:21 PM »
There's one scam going around with a robocall, saying, "Can you hear me OK?" If you say yes, they capture that audio and use it somehow to hack into your accounts. Not sure how it works, but warnings against this particular scam have been pretty prolific a lately.
I got hit by this one yesterday.  She claimed it was a survey and kept asking "can you hear me."  "Shall we start now?"

I need an air horn.

EVERY SINGLE DAY, be it telephone or email or whatever, someone's pounding on your door in an effort to rip you off.

A convert!   ;D

Wal Mart has three sizes - small, medium and UP YOURS!   ::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline NHTom

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2018, 08:35:04 PM »

I need an air horn.

A convert!   ;D

Wal Mart has three sizes - small, medium and UP YOURS!   ::whoohoo::

::laughonfloor::

Offline kermit

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2018, 05:42:37 AM »
My fav. was a computer call.
A chicks voice. For about a min., I had no idea it was a computer. I ask one particular question and it was answered wrong. At that point I says "are you a computer?"....

She laughs and says "ha ha ha...never heard that one before".
She got me.
Now I got one that keeps calling my cell. A 302 number. It's the same sorta thing. Programmed to answer to certain key words, I guess.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2018, 06:52:24 AM »
Dick with the DeepState listening in...say: "Yes, the hit team and patsies are 'in-play'...Rod is going down...."

;D

Offline NHTom

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2018, 08:46:38 AM »
My fav. was a computer call.
A chicks voice. For about a min., I had no idea it was a computer. I ask one particular question and it was answered wrong. At that point I says "are you a computer?"....

She laughs and says "ha ha ha...never heard that one before".
She got me.
Now I got one that keeps calling my cell. A 302 number. It's the same sorta thing. Programmed to answer to certain key words, I guess.
Every once in a while when I'm not being stupid, when I see a number I don't recognize I just lift and hang up the phone.

But when I do talk to a computer:
Me: Are you human?
It: Of course I'm human.
Me: Who's the president of the United States?
It: It looks like we can't do business today.

Still it irks me to have someone's computer waste my time.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2018, 03:27:57 PM »
So, I am guessing "Hussein Obama is a flaming muzzie fag!" might generate a quicker disconnect.

How about when the local GOP clowns call for donations? "Y'all still endorsing Statist dreck and wasting our money?"

Offline kermit

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2018, 09:29:00 AM »
I got disconnected quick the other day with Direct TV.
They were trying to sell me on a football package. I used the 'N' word along with the kneeling word and the phone went dead.

I was a lil' concerned due to the fact that I am a Direct tv customer. So far it has not effected my account.