Author Topic: George Soros donated money to campaign for a rerun of Britain's EU referendum  (Read 2425 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  George Soros, the billionaire who earned fame by betting against the British pound in 1992, contributed 400,000 pounds ($554,840) through his foundations to a campaign group which is seeking to halt Brexit, the group's chairman said on Wednesday.

"George Soros’s foundations have along with a number of other major donors also made significant contributions to our work," Mark Malloch-Brown, a former British diplomat who is chair of the Best for Britain campaign group.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/george-soros-donated-money-to-campaign-for-a-rerun-of-britains-eu-referendum/ar-BBIPLgA
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline matt523

• Newb
That sack of crap made his fortune by buying politicians to intentionally crash Countries economies.
Anything he is for, I'm against.  ::angry::
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:53:09 AM by matt523 »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I can't figure out why he hasn't been assassinated yet. Seems like a no-brainer to me, that an awful lot of rich powerful people with the means to do so should've snuffed this asshole a long time ago.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I've wondered that too, for him and his minions.

Nobody with means on our side, apparently.  Good to know, huh?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline matt523

• Newb
Conservatives don't assassinate people.
Every assassination I can think of, either successful or an attempt, has been perpetrated by a liberal.   

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Every assassination I can think of, either successful or an attempt, has been perpetrated by a liberal.

I'm not even speaking specifically of a conservative seeking vengeance. There are entire nation states that have reason to see him dead. And a whole lot of rich powerful people regardless of ideology whose financial empires have been leeched by Soros predation. I'm just surprised he hasn't faced the consequences yet.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Hungary has moved against him, legally.  Other countries need to follow suit.

Hah, I made a punny.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero

Soros funds many NGOs that act politically within those countries. The MSM usually reports on restrictions against Soros in terms sympathetic to Soros.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online Syzygy

There are entire nation states that have reason to see him dead. And a whole lot of rich powerful people regardless of ideology whose financial empires have been leeched by Soros predation.

As I understand it,  he made the bulk of his fortune in currency speculation.  Perhaps the most widely known and highly criticized was his almost single handedly collapsing of the Thai baht,  quite a few years ago. 
Never been adequately explained how exactly he did it,  but I imagine it would be quite similar to the "pump and dump" scam practiced by equities traders some time back--buy up a particular stock,  "pump" it up in the market chatter,  then "dump" it for huge profits. 
Only difference is in the currency markets,  you have to have huge amounts of cash (multiplied by leverage) to make the price move,  and currencies respond more to fundamentals than chatter.   So,  a "big boy" trader buys lots and lots of contracts,  small time speculators see this and start buying (strong demand,  a fundamental),  and it's like a snowball effect,  driving up the currency's "price" artificially.  Then the big boy dumps (sells),  crashes the market,  and makes a killing.  That's the only thing I've been able to figure how it's done. 
In Thailand's case,  I don't know if they've yet fully recovered from the damage Soros did to them economically. 

So the Dems and libs and progs get all butthurt when Trump calls out sh!thole countries,  but they've got no problems with their overlord and chief financier making a fairly stable country into one.    Go figure.   

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Food for thought...perhaps that is part of the larger failing of not waging Total War.

Offline matt523

• Newb

Food for thought...perhaps that is part of the larger failing of not waging Total War.
In this particular case, I'm inclined to agree with that.

Offline sfetter

Not sure how but, We need to change that way of thinking.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
I would bet that most "Special Operators" (Navy Seals, Army Rangers and Delta Force, etc) are very conservative.  Are they not the ones sent in on these types of "Special Missions"?
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Yup.

And sometimes who the State says is evil and deserving of immediate dispatch isn't in harmony with reality.