Topics > Faith & Family

What is Churchianity?

(1/2) > >>

patentlymn:

I kept coming across the term 'Churchian' and thought to look it up.
Thoughts from formerly local (Mpls)   thoughtcriminal Vox Day

http://voxday.blogspot.ca/2016/08/mailvox-what-is-churchianity.html
MONDAY, AUGUST 29, 2016
[size=150]Mailvox: what is Churchianity[/size]
Yesterday we had a few requests for a definition of "Churchianity":

Many churches have reduced Christianity to the parable of the Good Samaritan, to such an extent that their religion could be more reasonably described as Good Samaritanism than Christianity. And while they subscribe chiefly to salvation through works and societally-approved attitudes rather than faith, they nevertheless possess complete and utter faith in the intrinsic goodness of foreigners.

Churchians (for it would not be strictly accurate to describe them as Christians) are liars and deceivers. They worship the god of Babel, not the Christian God. They serve the world, not Jesus Christ.

But where does this religious obsession with improving the world through works come from, when it has been absent from Christian theology for the greater part of two thousand years?
So social justice Christianity, or Good Samaritanism, or Churchianity, all amount to the same thing: a false form of Christianity that cloaks itself in Christian rhetoric while denying both the conceptual core of Christianity and the fundamental nature of the justice to which it nominally dedicates itself. And these false forms all flow from a concept that is considerably newer than Christianity, although it is related to an older religion.
So, we can summarize all of this with the following definition:

Churchianity is social justice-converged pseudo-Christianity that cloaks itself in Christian rhetoric and trappings, follows the world rather than Jesus Christ, and seeks salvation through works instead of faith.

Libertas:
Back in the old days we just called them Apostates...

IronDioPriest:
Here in MN, it is the Lutherans in partnership with the DFL who are importing the Somali scum into mid-sized out-state communities that cannot help but to be transformed negatively by their wretched presence. My hometown of St. Cloud, as well as the small city of Willmar, are being destroyed by Lutheran "churchians".

John Florida:

--- Quote from: Libertas on February 12, 2018, 02:23:55 PM ---Back in the old days we just called them Apostates...

--- End quote ---

I love it when take a point and distil it down to it's simplest point. Short and accurate.

Pablo de Fleurs:

--- Quote from: IronDioPriest on February 12, 2018, 04:57:15 PM ---Here in MN, it is the Lutherans in partnership with the DFL who are importing the Somali scum into mid-sized out-state communities that cannot help but to be transformed negatively by their wretched presence. My hometown of St. Cloud, as well as the small city of Willmar, are being destroyed by Lutheran "churchians".

--- End quote ---

Dang! Why do we never hear of ammo-laden, ex-military whack-jobs offing idiots from these congregations?  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version