Author Topic: What is Churchianity?  (Read 3379 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
What is Churchianity?
« on: February 12, 2018, 02:01:27 PM »

I kept coming across the term 'Churchian' and thought to look it up.
Thoughts from formerly local (Mpls)   thoughtcriminal Vox Day

http://voxday.blogspot.ca/2016/08/mailvox-what-is-churchianity.html
MONDAY, AUGUST 29, 2016
[size=150]Mailvox: what is Churchianity[/size]
Yesterday we had a few requests for a definition of "Churchianity":

Many churches have reduced Christianity to the parable of the Good Samaritan, to such an extent that their religion could be more reasonably described as Good Samaritanism than Christianity. And while they subscribe chiefly to salvation through works and societally-approved attitudes rather than faith, they nevertheless possess complete and utter faith in the intrinsic goodness of foreigners.

Churchians (for it would not be strictly accurate to describe them as Christians) are liars and deceivers. They worship the god of Babel, not the Christian God. They serve the world, not Jesus Christ.

But where does this religious obsession with improving the world through works come from, when it has been absent from Christian theology for the greater part of two thousand years?
So social justice Christianity, or Good Samaritanism, or Churchianity, all amount to the same thing: a false form of Christianity that cloaks itself in Christian rhetoric while denying both the conceptual core of Christianity and the fundamental nature of the justice to which it nominally dedicates itself. And these false forms all flow from a concept that is considerably newer than Christianity, although it is related to an older religion.
So, we can summarize all of this with the following definition:

Churchianity is social justice-converged pseudo-Christianity that cloaks itself in Christian rhetoric and trappings, follows the world rather than Jesus Christ, and seeks salvation through works instead of faith.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: What is Churchianity?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 02:23:55 PM »
Back in the old days we just called them Apostates...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 04:57:15 PM »
Here in MN, it is the Lutherans in partnership with the DFL who are importing the Somali scum into mid-sized out-state communities that cannot help but to be transformed negatively by their wretched presence. My hometown of St. Cloud, as well as the small city of Willmar, are being destroyed by Lutheran "churchians".
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 05:06:31 PM »

I love it when take a point and distil it down to it's simplest point. Short and accurate.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 09:52:40 PM »
Here in MN, it is the Lutherans in partnership with the DFL who are importing the Somali scum into mid-sized out-state communities that cannot help but to be transformed negatively by their wretched presence. My hometown of St. Cloud, as well as the small city of Willmar, are being destroyed by Lutheran "churchians".

Dang! Why do we never hear of ammo-laden, ex-military whack-jobs offing idiots from these congregations?  ???
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 06:45:03 AM »

They are 30 years behind the Episcopalians.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 06:50:22 AM »

I love it when take a point and distil it down to it's simplest point. Short and accurate.

The KISS Principle!

Also, back in the day...I would tease my Apostate Catholic liberal friend who I knew since middle school by calling him a "cafeteria Catholic" as he left off his tray most of the things I admired Pope JPII for, and in whom I had more in common with than this so-called Catholic.  Plus it pissed my friend off, which was fun and also told me I hit my mark.

PS-IMHO JPII was the last great Pope.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 06:53:04 AM »

Dang! Why do we never hear of ammo-laden, ex-military whack-jobs offing idiots from these congregations?  ???

Obviously they are not as weak-willed to Satan's hints as the Islaminals, eh?