Author Topic: Jordan Peterson's "Stand, Men of the West " speech  (Read 3878 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Jordan Peterson's "Stand, Men of the West " speech
« on: February 20, 2018, 01:50:03 AM »
Longer and more intellectual than Aragorn's speech,  but here it is..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnEFt20qe0o

(its from last year.. I really should have been paying more attention to this guy)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Jordan Peterson's "Stand, Men of the West " speech
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 09:36:46 AM »
For a leftie he's a very interesting guy - mostly because he isn't a rabid ideologue.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 10:23:26 AM »
Peterson is mostly a-political - he may actually be more prone to lean right..

But every time I listen to him speak,  I feel like I am watching Aragorn in front of the Black Gate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObdpkUkQyDQ

He is really good at articulating things in ways that I could just never quite get right on my own.
For instance, in the above link.. He says that Individual rights are really only important because they enable personal responsibility
and responsibility is the engine of growth, of meaning and allows human nobility.

And that is really the correct response to these Statists - You want to take away my ability to be noble - to take on responsibility for my own life, and once successful there, work up the hierarchy  - to family, friends, community, church and so on... based on my own individual competence. Liberals wish to steal from me my opportunities to do so, by having the state shoulder those responsibilities. That is why they arrest peple who take it upon themselves to care for the homeless or work for private charities.

yes partly its about control.. but I think it runs deeper.. it IS  part of a satanic, anti-human movement to destroy the nobility of man.

Also this bible series he did is fantastic.. at least to me..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w&t=8849s

But now I am such a fan boy I have tickets to see him in October.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 12:27:54 PM »
Interesting guy.

I did read his book. Actually not that earth-shattering if you are a normal person with common sense.

I would suspect that if he allowed himself he would lean more right and more Christian than he allows now because he's not saying anything the right and Christians haven't been saying.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."