Author Topic: Minnesota grand jury indicts 3 men on charges of sending drone parts to Hezbolla  (Read 2184 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero

https://www.twincities.com/2018/02/16/minnesota-grand-jury-indicts-3-men-on-charges-of-sending-drone-parts-to-hezbollah/
Minnesota grand jury indicts 3 men on charges of sending drone parts to Hezbollah
By STEVE KARNOWSKI | Associated Press
PUBLISHED: February 16, 2018 at 3:44 pm | UPDATED: February 16, 2018 at 4:46 pm

A federal grand jury in Minnesota indicted three people on charges that they conspired to export drone parts and technology from the U.S. to the Iranian-backed Hezbollah militia in Lebanon, authorities announced Friday.

The U.S. considers Hezbollah a terrorist organization. The Shiite militant group has used drones at least since 2004. The indictment alleges the conspiracy operated from 2009 through December 2013. It says the equipment included electronics that can be used in drone guidance systems, one jet engine and 20 piston engines that can be used in drones, and a pair of digital video recording binoculars.

The updated indictment unsealed Friday was dated Oct. 11, 2017, but the original was filed in 2015 and kept sealed to keep the investigation secret from the three men.
The parts included inertial measurement units, which can be used to track an aircraft’s position, and digital compasses, which can be paired with the IMUs for drone guidance systems. The indictment doesn’t name the companies, but the model names and numbers indicate the IMUs were manufactured by Concord, Calif.-based Systron Donner Inertial, and that the digital compasses were made by Honeywell International’s operations in suburban Minneapolis.

The jet engine was sold by an unnamed Indiana company, while the piston engines were sold by an unnamed Florida company. The model number indicates the digital binoculars were made by Sony. None of the items could legally be exported to Hezbollah, the indictment said.

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
MuzzScum in MN?!  Nooo, must be racist unrepentant islamophobia!  Damn Republicans, stinking gun lobby, f**king Russians....Trump!   Aaagggghhhhh!!!!

/
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
"Minnesota men" would be the correct term.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  If they're considered citizens why isn't treason a charge?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I'm really sad to watch my home state crumble around me. Progressivism really has a firm grip here, and they're bound and determined to make all the same mistakes progressives always make, including facilitating a fundamentalist Islamic parallel culture, until we literally lose entire cities to the subhuman wretches just like Michigan, London, Malmo, Berlin, and Paris.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson