Author Topic: Rev. Billy Graham passes at 99  (Read 2916 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Rev. Billy Graham passes at 99
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 08:39:20 AM »
I was listening to the local Christian radio station outside the grocery store this morning when I first heard he passed. As a young minister, he was president of Northwestern Bible College in the Twin Cities, and founded the radio station I was listening to this morning. One of the DJ's was talking about how she gave her life to Christ at a Billy Graham rally years ago, and how happy she is now for Billy to finally be in heaven with his beloved Jesus. Made me sit in the grocery store parking lot and weep for a little bit. Then I thought of the pro wrestler, Superstar Billy Graham, and started laughing. I musta looked like a maniac.

Rest In Peace, good teacher.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 09:18:53 AM »
That and Bethel (middle school friend's father went to seminary there) and Lake Johanna well inside my old stomping grounds.  Old Paul's Place (neighborhood joint) right outside NW gate...gone long ago, senior living or something now...

Went to one Billy revival long ago as a youngster...Civic center I think.  He was a good man, steady and unwavering.

R.I.P. Billy.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 03:05:24 PM »
He was a good man, steady and unwavering.

A very rare breed today. He will surely be missed.

RIP, Reverend.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 03:46:52 PM »
In his own words (paraphrased), "When you hear of my death, I did not die.  I moved."  He now resides with our Lord and Savior whom he served and loved.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 08:43:20 AM »
Some of the same vile gun & Bible hating leftist ghouls that beat up the guy in the Trump T-shirt (Andrew Pollack) who lost his daughter Meadow in the Parkland slaughter are beating Billy up in internet's comments....we know these vile creatures have no class, no morals and no worth whatsoever to humanity in general...still, I just despise their continued pollution on this planet!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 08:46:12 AM »
 My mother was very upset at the news. She remembers him Preaching in Sicily when she was a kid.  RIP
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 01:25:03 PM »

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/02/21/jaw-dropping-the-washington-post-attacks-reverend-billy-graham-hours-after-he-dies/
Jaw Dropping – The Washington Post Attacks Reverend Billy Graham Hours After He Dies…
Posted on February 21, 2018   by sundance
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline NHTom

• I don't fit in your fasces
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 02:53:01 PM »

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/02/21/jaw-dropping-the-washington-post-attacks-reverend-billy-graham-hours-after-he-dies/
Jaw Dropping – The Washington Post Attacks Reverend Billy Graham Hours After He Dies…
Posted on February 21, 2018   by sundance
Sounds like it was written by an 8th grade girl - w/ 30 years experience.

No more sophisticated than early adolescent cattiness.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 03:22:55 PM »
Which means it could also be written by a shriveled old hairy-legged spinster dyke Sanger-worshiping sucubbus.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 04:40:36 PM »
I can think of something.

! No longer available
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 07:06:48 PM »
  I swear they do it for the attention.  I can't for a second allow myself to believe that their parents raised them to be this kind of disrespectful vile and disgusting and dishonorable.  The shame they bring to their families is beyond me.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline NHTom

• I don't fit in your fasces
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 08:29:19 PM »
  I swear they do it for the attention.  I can't for a second allow myself to believe that their parents raised them to be this kind of disrespectful vile and disgusting and dishonorable.  The shame they bring to their families is beyond me.
It's what communists do.

Anything that questions their goals or their tactics is pure evil and they spend their time competing to see who can come up with the most absolute condemnation.  Reality/truth be damned.  Smear anyone anywhere near him w/ guilt by association.

I've been watching this for years - especially since Trump came on the scene.

Pushing the bounds of bad taste and virtue signaling to new lows.

Online Syzygy

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 09:43:18 PM »
The comments were equally disgusting,  but I expect no better from anyone who still reads the sorry rag. 

All that does is reinforce the obvious goodness in the man.  Any such good men,  they always hit the hardest.  The "gooder" they are,  the harder they'll hit 'em.  It was the same in Jesus' day:

He came unto His own,  and his own received him not,  but as many as received Him,  to them gave He power to become the Sons of God,  even to them that believeth on His name.  (somewhere in John,  I think)

At least they have the uncommon decency,  amongst their lot at least,  to wait until after Graham's death to crucify him.  How very Christian of them.  [/sarc]

RIP and Godspeed,  Billy Graham.

Offline kermit

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 08:20:58 AM »
I actually never listen to this guy. Well aware  of his work, though.

Last Sunday, I did listen to his son's sermon. Seemed like just the kind of teachings that I studied under my entire life.

As best I remember, Graham was a teacher who spoke directly from the Bible. Never really mincing words. I did read of topics that he just didn't approach. Those did cause a rift here and there, but at the same time, he handled other areas that were important.
Basically, .... the basics.... The rest are details....

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 12:25:59 PM »