Topics > The Departed

Rev. Billy Graham passes at 99

(1/4) > >>

Pandora:
https://apnews.com/ea6f9efdc7544a6dab337690c5849bfc

IronDioPriest:
I was listening to the local Christian radio station outside the grocery store this morning when I first heard he passed. As a young minister, he was president of Northwestern Bible College in the Twin Cities, and founded the radio station I was listening to this morning. One of the DJ's was talking about how she gave her life to Christ at a Billy Graham rally years ago, and how happy she is now for Billy to finally be in heaven with his beloved Jesus. Made me sit in the grocery store parking lot and weep for a little bit. Then I thought of the pro wrestler, Superstar Billy Graham, and started laughing. I musta looked like a maniac.

Rest In Peace, good teacher.

Libertas:
That and Bethel (middle school friend's father went to seminary there) and Lake Johanna well inside my old stomping grounds.  Old Paul's Place (neighborhood joint) right outside NW gate...gone long ago, senior living or something now...

Went to one Billy revival long ago as a youngster...Civic center I think.  He was a good man, steady and unwavering.

R.I.P. Billy.

AlanS:

--- Quote from: Libertas on February 21, 2018, 09:18:53 AM ---He was a good man, steady and unwavering.

--- End quote ---

A very rare breed today. He will surely be missed.

RIP, Reverend.

Septugenarian:
In his own words (paraphrased), "When you hear of my death, I did not die.  I moved."  He now resides with our Lord and Savior whom he served and loved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version