Author Topic: LUSH (Read: Whack-Job franchise)  (Read 4024 times)

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
LUSH (Read: Whack-Job franchise)
« on: February 25, 2018, 09:56:33 PM »
I was shopping at our local mall yesterday when, looking for sock drawer soap, I wandered into a store called "Effing Whack-Job Assembly of Confused/Perverted Sociopaths", uhm . . . I mean "Lush".

It's apparently a transgender movement oriented business that sells soaps, shampoo bars & other items easily shoved up ones arse.
I must have been a dead [conservative] giveaway . . because an employee began following me around the store repeatedly asking me if they could help me find anything. I told the “person" that I looking for some soap for my sock drawers & that [intentionally inserted] my wife kids me about the number of pairs of socks I own & that “she” [intentional use of specific pronoun] thinks I have too many. The green & purple haired “it” then smiled & told me that I was in the Shampoo Bar section. I quickly moved to the soap section, selected 2 pleasantly fragrant items & moved (backwards) to the cash register (being careful NOT to drop my intended purchase).

This business is a cesspool for transgender rights. My advice is this: #MixMeAMolotav.

How do you define an ally?
An ally is someone who is down for my liberation. This is someone who has taken, or is taking, the time to educate themselves about what is can mean to live with my identities, and then also educate themselves on the needs of my community. This is not as simple as tolerating my existence. An ally must be breaking down everything they've been taught about gender and support the measures I take to support myself. It’s important to come at allyship from an intersectional perspective because being an ally to white trans people is not enough. We need to support ALL trans people.

Some of their "screed"

2. Respect pronouns
Not sure which pronouns someone uses? Just ask! Then use that pronoun and encourage others to do so. It’s okay if you make a mistake—just be sure to correct it and move on.

4. Don't police public restrooms
Gender-variant people may not match the signs on restroom doors. If there are no all-gender bathrooms available, offer to accompany a trans person to the bathroom in a buddy system so they’re less vulnerable.

7. Be careful about confidentiality, disclosure, and outing
If someone has shared their gender identity with you, don’t tell others. Not only is this an invasion of privacy, but it can also have devastating consequences in a world that can be intolerant of gender differences.

8. Use gender-neutral language
Our everyday words and phrases are often gendered unnecessarily. By using terms like “hi guys” or addressing a group with “welcome ladies and gentlemen”, we assume genders and exclude people. Consider using gender inclusive language like “hi friends”, or “welcome folks” instead.

(this whack-job's name is Juniperangelica Cordova

They also push family members to be supportive role models via a partner link, post-modernly labeled "truth".

Romans 1:23-25
23 They changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man, birds, four-footed beasts, and creeping things.
24 Therefore God gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their own bodies among themselves.
25 They turned the truth of God into a lie and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: LUSH (Read: Whack-Job franchise)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 07:45:16 AM »
Heck, I wasn't even aware of sock soap! TMI!

The only combination of the two I ever knew about was connected to a "blanket party" where the bar of soap in a sock was the ritual implement of discipline.

Guess I live a sheltered life...

:o
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 09:06:59 AM »

You can add me to that list.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 09:50:19 AM »

Me too.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 12:51:12 PM »

Me too.

It's, uhm . . . not actually marketed that way. Did'ja ever get  gifted a cologne set: You use the cologne & the after shave, but never the deodorant, shower gel or bath soap? I put the soap into my tee-shirt, boxers & sock drawers - it just makes everything smell nicer.

Well, I haven't received any gift-sets lately & was in the Papyrus store buying some cards for my wife (so I was in a particular emotional mood) - and this LUSH USA store was right next to it. The employees seemed a little out there - but I made my soap purchase & then, after exiting the store, began reading their window decor - which is all pro LGBT & Trans-gender rights specific.

In retrospect & within the atmosphere of the store, I was the "odd man out" (though they'd prefer I say "odd-person" or "odd-gender variant human" out) - my image bleeds corporate/conservative/Christian man.

So then, some folks come out of the closet - I've simply come out of my sock-drawer.  ;D
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 06:38:56 PM »
When I see Lush I think Foster Brooks. Sue me!