Author Topic: Vlad better be careful what he wishes for!  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Vlad better be careful what he wishes for!
« on: March 01, 2018, 06:30:07 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5700668/vladimir-putin-russia-nuclear-weapons-icbm-missile/

MAD depends upon sanity, in leaders and those advising leaders...so when somebody says something like this...it can be something that maintains sanity or unleashes insanity.  Boasts like this can go many ways.  Your potential adversary can take it as a challenge, and respond with new offensive and defensive weapons and the tit for tat can escalate.  This is what Reagan did to collapse the Soviet Union.  Or, an adversary can see this as a first-strike threat and adopt a quicker first-strike solution, or they can say you are bluffing and if you are then the status quo is unchanged...if not would you show your cards or just show by launching?  To me this is a dangerous boast, one which could have been communicated honcho to honcho, or through back-channels.  It has the air of desperation and bluff, but with nukes such recklessness is unusual outside of batshyt crazy states like NK, Cuba, Venezuela, Iran and the like.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Vlad better be careful what he wishes for!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 07:52:23 PM »
  He's FOS he has nothing like he claims. He's butthurt over the pounding his mercs took a couple of weeks ago.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 06:30:03 AM »
I think that plays into part of it.

Online Syzygy

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 03:25:28 PM »
  He's FOS he has nothing like he claims. He's butthurt over the pounding his mercs took a couple of weeks ago.

Don't be disputin'  the Mad Monk RazzPutin.  He might get mad and take his shirt off--blind you with his lily white hide. 

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 10:19:40 AM »
No thanks to the Hildebeast who lined her own pockets while making our enemies stronger.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 12:53:31 PM »

Don't be disputin'  the Mad Monk RazzPutin.  He might get mad and take his shirt off--blind you with his lily white hide.

He's running for election if you can believe that but he's playing to his people.  He's using the old "If you can't dazzle  them with brilliance baffle them with bullshyt"
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 08:03:21 AM »
The Russian people seem genetically incapable of resisting the allure of The Strong Man on the one hand and seem terminally incompatible with anything resembling a representative republic...they have settled for a parliamentary oligarchy with one central leader effectively appointed for life.

And Hitlery's schemes have no doubt extended the life of this pathetic outfit, to our detriment which the PTB's seem not to care about as much as destroying Trump.

What a f**ked up period of history...all the gains of the previous generations and their sacrifices in life and blood pissed away...

No forgiveness for my enemies, zero, zip, nada!