Author Topic: Assault Weapons Ban of 2018  (Read 3266 times)

Offline NHTom

• I don't fit in your fasces
Assault Weapons Ban of 2018
« on: March 03, 2018, 10:39:13 AM »
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2018/02/27/assault-weapons-ban-legislation-n2454926

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/5087/text
I haven't read the whole legalese  but it sounds like they want to make all guns built after 1850 illegal.  ::pullhair::

I hope I misread this.

God willing, it will blow up in their face.

No guns for BLM.  Hands up don't shoot.  No guns for Jews.  No guns for immigrants.  It's the only way to make this country pure again.

Fr*ckin' Nazis

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 10:55:45 AM »
They've obviously not thought this through.  Make criminals out of law-abiding gun-owners and there's a whole lotta other laws it'll be easier to ignore.

None of this will end well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline NHTom

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 11:34:06 AM »
I'm pretty sure that this thing won't pass, but we can certainly use it.  They think it will buy them the legislature.

http://jpfo.org/ Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership has some insight into the racist roots of gun control.

Even if they pull the bill we should keep screaming "Racist! Racist! Racist!" and be sure to make it stick.

"Hmmmm.  Disarm all minorities after claiming all cops are racist.  Wonderfully creative path to purify the country!"  Right out of the Nazi playbook.

It can't happen here?  Guess again.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 02:31:17 PM »
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2018/02/27/assault-weapons-ban-legislation-n2454926

I haven't read the whole legalese  but it sounds like they want to make all guns built after 1850 illegal.  ::pullhair::

I hope I misread this.

No guns for BLM.  Hands up don't shoot.  No guns for Jews.  No guns for immigrants.  It's the only way to make this country pure again.

Fr*ckin' Nazis

I read the text of the proposed bill (from your 2nd link) - it was as though they were doing an inventory of my "happy room"

::cool::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 05:43:37 PM »
  See now I have to rush and buy one!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline NHTom

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 07:08:21 PM »
  See now I have to rush and buy one!!
Yet another federal firearms stimulus bill.

Online Syzygy

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 09:48:51 PM »
“Assault weapons were made for one purpose,” Cicilline said in a statement. “They are designed to kill as many people as possible in a short amount of time. They do not belong in our communities.”

Moot point in this case,  Sweet Pea.  If LEO's on the scene are not going to engage the shooter,  as happened here,  they could just as easily do as much damage with a bolt action hunting rifle--maybe more.  Take your time,  good sight picture,  squeeze off a round,  work the bolt,  repeat.  No need to rush it.  Cops?  What cops? 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 09:40:11 AM »
“Assault weapons were made for one purpose,” Cicilline said in a statement. “They are designed to kill as many people as possible in a short amount of time. They do not belong in our communities.”

Moot point, indeed.  I just finished rereading "One Second After" and the two sequels.  Set right here in North Carolina, "One Second After", published in 2009, for those who aren't aware, depicts this country after North Korea and Iran set off EMPs here (and other places in the world), and the savagery and desperation to which people were driven.  Guns, lots of them, and powerful ones, figured prominently in the survival of any and all "communities".

The author hoped his book would wake up the government with regard to hardening and securing our electrical grid and its associated elements.  By 2015, the date of the first sequel, "One Year After", still nothing had been done, and is still unprotected to this day.

So much for this government a s s hole, Cicilline, and his arrogant pronouncements, who has made not-move-one toward doing his damn job in seeing that our energy grid is hardened, but would render us more helpless in the face of his neglect.

I hatez theez peepul.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 12:21:30 PM »
Hah!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 12:51:31 PM »
Someone didn't get the memo...

Florida Senate rejects ban on assault weapons, votes to arm teachers

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-florida/florida-senate-rejects-ban-on-assault-weapons-votes-to-arm-teachers-idUSKBN1GG0QT

"This is gonna sting a little..."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 09:18:06 PM »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-florida/florida-senate-rejects-ban-on-assault-weapons-votes-to-arm-teachers-idUSKBN1GG0QT

That's excellent news.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 08:26:18 AM »

I hope I misread this.

Fr*ckin' Nazis

I read the text of the proposed bill (from your 2nd link) - it was as though they were doing an inventory of my "happy room"

::cool::

My Happy Room is under several feet of water...

However I can share my sign of inspiration -

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 08:28:39 AM »

Moot point in this case,  Sweet Pea.  If LEO's on the scene are not going to engage the shooter,  as happened here,  they could just as easily do as much damage with a bolt action hunting rifle--maybe more.  Take your time,  good sight picture,  squeeze off a round,  work the bolt,  repeat.  No need to rush it.  Cops?  What cops?

When the SHTF for real, there are a lot of Broward County types around...

...people used to being on their own should be OK.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 08:31:23 AM »

Moot point, indeed.  I just finished rereading "One Second After" and the two sequels.  Set right here in North Carolina, "One Second After", published in 2009, for those who aren't aware, depicts this country after North Korea and Iran set off EMPs here (and other places in the world), and the savagery and desperation to which people were driven.  Guns, lots of them, and powerful ones, figured prominently in the survival of any and all "communities".

The author hoped his book would wake up the government with regard to hardening and securing our electrical grid and its associated elements.  By 2015, the date of the first sequel, "One Year After", still nothing had been done, and is still unprotected to this day.

So much for this government a s s hole, Cicilline, and his arrogant pronouncements, who has made not-move-one toward doing his damn job in seeing that our energy grid is hardened, but would render us more helpless in the face of his neglect.

I hatez theez peepul.

Think happy thoughts.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2018, 08:38:10 AM »

That's excellent news.

::ohno::

Libiots to seek out their safe spaces!

Time for all 2A Sanctuary States, Cities and Communities to Rise!!!

Offline NHTom

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 07:09:13 AM »
Gun control:  Tyranny's safest place.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 07:34:59 AM »
Liberty's safest place is anywhere that puts tyrants in graves.

It's why The Founders codified this God-given right in the Second Amendment.

Offline NHTom

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2018, 08:58:01 AM »

::thumbsup::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2018, 05:26:13 PM »

Amen brother.
 Filippo Mazzie