Author Topic: St. Paul area students 'walked out' of school; took school busses to gun protest  (Read 11281 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero

Minneapolis area students 'walked out' of schools one day to protest the FL school shootings.
It seems many were bused.

https://www.americanexperiment.org/2018/03/schools-busing-students-protests/

But here’s the thing: these students didn’t walk, they were bused. I happened to be at the Capitol yesterday while the demonstration was going on, and counted at least 12 buses from various St. Paul area high schools. Somehow, the buses don’t figure in the Strib’s story, and the Strib managed to post 17 photos and two videos without showing the buses even once.

“Schools have been supportive, but they didn’t endorse this,” said one of the protest leaders, Ella Doyle, a junior at Cretin-Derham Hall. “Nobody is getting punished for coming here today.”

For reasons that are hard to understand, metro public schools are encouraging their students to engage in demonstrations. One wonders how far this willingness extends. Will area schools bus their students to a pro-Second Amendment protest? To a demonstration against the forced unionization of teachers? To a tax cut rally at the Capitol? Somehow, I think the answer to those questions is No.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Isn't Cretin-Derham Hall a private school?  What kind of a loser parent would pay $13,575 per year just to have them let their kid skip out?

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Todd, it's the same kind of dumbf**king parent that lives in the city and votes for every goddamned demonrat on every f**king ballot because that's what their dipsh*t mommies and daddies did!

Short answer, the prog virus has contaminated the DNA.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 03:19:04 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Is that spawn of DeepState scum Hogg on that?  Hard to tell...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!

“Schools have been supportive, but they didn’t endorse this,” said one of the protest leaders, Ella Doyle, a junior at Cretin-Derham Hall. “Nobody is getting punished for coming here today.”

If the schools didn’t endorse the protest, why did they provide buses to deliver students to the Capitol? To say that “nobody is getting punished” for participating is misleading at best.

The cowards at the school hiding behind the kids to protect them from any possible backlash.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop

The cowards at the school hiding behind the kids to protect them from any possible backlash.

Like ISIS & cowardly muzzies, using children as human shields, in this case human political shields.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online WilliamVA

Veerrry Interesting.   Cretin-Derham Hall is a Catholic High School, they can use their  school buses as they wish,
they don't receive any government funding.  The diocese may have questions.

As far as any public school buses being used, I wonder if they will whine when the Fed pulls their funding?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
90% guranteed to be apostate (cafeteria) Catholics.

They think Pope Francis the braying mule be da bomb!

::unknowncomic::

Online WilliamVA

Naturally, the School is run by the Christian Brothers (Society of Jesus), and the Sisters of St. Joseph.
Primarily a Jesuit run school.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Jesuits are bad joo-joo.  Liberation theology; marxist.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Syzygy

I doubt it.  He is definitely of the short bus ilk. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Jesuits are bad joo-joo.  Liberation theology; marxist.

Big Time!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

I doubt it.  He is definitely of the short bus ilk.

That's unfortunate but not unexpected.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Perfect Minnestupud Proglodyte Hive Drone.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or the culture watch thread.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/chicago-students-trash-walmart-during-walkout-over-gun-violence

Chicago police are trying to identify the dozens of students from Simeon Career Academy who they say took part in a vandalism spree while they were supposed to be protesting guns.

Shoppers and store employees were stunned by the destruction Wednesday morning at the Walmart in Chatham Market on the South Side.

Chicago police say it started when students at neighboring Simeon Career Academy were allowed to leave the school for 17 minutes to take part in the nationwide walkout to protest guns.

Police say between 40 and 60 of those students crossed the street and trashed parts of the store, knocking over product displays, yanking items off shelves, breaking packages and stealing small items like chips and candy.

In a statement, a Chicago Public Schools spokesperson says: "We are very concerned by these allegations and we are reviewing the matter."

Some of the students that FOX 32 talked to at Simeon say they're angry that a walkout intended to promote peace instead led to vandalism and violence.

FOX 32 showed the video to 21st Ward Alderman Howard Brookins, who was instrumental in getting the big box retailers to move to the South Side.

"We've worked too hard to try to get these national retailers here in our community. And this doesn't help us. It makes no sense to tear up the community which you call home,” he said.

A Chicago police spokesman says they're reviewing what he calls "high quality" video surveillance from Walmart to identify the students at fault, as well as videos posted to social media.

He says those students will likely be charged with misdemeanors and face discipline from the school.

Video at link. Ferals doing what ferals do.

And I see charges going nowhere.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  Which shows you how serious they are about the walk out.  It's just time off being sold as a movement.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
In had an old college prof once tell me back when he was a student in the middle of all the 60's mess he joined a coven, I asked why the hell he would do such a thing...he said "girls".

Occam's Razor...sometimes the reason is more obvious and not the stated one.