Author Topic: Another Trump Coup Plot Front Opens - Cambridge Analytica  (Read 6408 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Another Trump Coup Plot Front Opens - Cambridge Analytica
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2018, 08:22:38 PM »
Now of course they are talking of regulating Facebook, and Twitter...

A very, very bad idea, right up there with Net "Neutrality".  Once gummint gets its nose under the tent, next thing the whole camel is sitting on you.

True, but since it would be prog bureaucrats monitoring prog personal data miners and thanks to censorship and purges of non-prog data donors and because the DeepState uses the NSA to hoover all this anyway...this would be the odd case of prog/DeepState crime on progs.

Shows just how bleeped up people let things get...

On these social media purges...

https://www.weaselzippers.us/379021-conservative-student-banned-from-facebook-meme-page-for-mocking-activist-david-hogg/

https://www.weaselzippers.us/379054-youtube-is-cracking-down-on-gun-channels-gun-related-videos/

And to think liberals once actually cared about free speech and privacy issues at one time...now such pronouncements ring hollow in the face of censorship, purges, shouts, curses and even violence against those expressing any counter-prog-culture notions!

The progs have lost all moral, ethical and intellectual authority on these matters...they are enemies of freedom, of liberty...of America.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 08:30:50 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2018, 09:36:42 PM »
Yes, I understand the attraction of Deep-State on Prog activity, but as soon as that was finished, they'd be on the Right like white on rice.  And we all understand how government involvement always makes everything "better", yes?

Just let it play out without cheering for MORE government.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2018, 06:28:19 AM »
Agreed.  Patience, right?  You know me....

::bashing::

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2018, 09:25:59 AM »

The progs have lost all moral, ethical and intellectual authority on these matters...they are enemies of freedom, of liberty...of America.

1 < > 2 < > 3
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline NHTom

• I don't fit in your fasces
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2018, 11:01:39 AM »

1 < > 2 < > 3
They've let themselves regress to toddler level - and they get lots of support for it.  It's what a sore loser is.

They lost the election and now they're just whining to the sake of whining.  Just to see if they can get a rise out of somebody.

They're just going to continue until we find a way to mock them and embarrass them enough to make them feel stupid.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2018, 11:58:27 AM »
I see MotherZucker said he'd love him some gubmint regulatin'...proving Pan's point!

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2018, 02:45:33 PM »
I received a daily email form Hows-to-Geek, lots of good info.  Yesterday was how to turn turn off and quit Facebook.   I am not exactly ready
to go that route.  Today was a much more interesting article, "How to Stop Facebook Giving Your Data to Third Parties"  The first paragraph reads:
"The Cambridge Analytica fiasco wasn’t really a data breach. Everything collected was allowed by Facebook’s Terms of Service. So, how can you protect yourself against these sort of things?  "

First, if you joined a site where you could use your Facebook login to sign on, then it's logged into your Facebook account they get access.  Yea! ::angry::
How to fix that:   Open Facebook account, look for little down arrow on right end of the Blue Bar.  Click on it, and pick Settings.  You will immediately
see all the places and companies that have access to your account.   First though:  Below all the company icons, is a box labled: "apps,websites & plugins"
click the edit button, and disable apps, websites, & plugins.  That is the end of that, after that, just in case, you can turn off all the apps above on that
page, or just some, or you can leave apps, websites, & plugins running, but strike out all the apps individually you  do not want using your facebook
account info, or login. 

How-To-Geek.com  lots of  interesting info, and computer news.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2018, 03:05:28 PM »
Good info, William; thanks.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2018, 12:18:29 PM »
FacedBook meta data courtesy of (drumrolls!) Democrat "Strategist" Warren Flood...edited by Felix Dzerzhinsky on 6/15/2016....which is a neat trick since Felix cacked in 1926 and had a Moscow square named after him!  Your Russian is a Democrat!