Author Topic: Omnibus spending bill is a complete atrocity!  (Read 5457 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Omnibus spending bill is a complete atrocity!
« on: March 22, 2018, 12:28:32 PM »
This grotesque bill that gives DemonRats everything and rapes us needs to be set on fire!!

::outrage::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online paulh

• Established Member
Re: Omnibus spending bill is a complete atrocity!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 01:31:53 PM »
If he signs this I'm done.........

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 07:12:05 AM »
If the Pubbies we're capable of growing a spine and play hardball liike the Progs they'd force through a bill giving the executive line item veto...then all the prog goodies could be gutted...let them cry!  Hell, MAKE THEM CRY!

I despise cowards....hate their damned asses!!!   ::pullhair::

That Senator from LA summed it up..."It sucks".

Words are fine, where are the deeds?!

If Trump signs this he could be signing his political suicide note.

Offline NHTom

• I don't fit in your fasces
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 07:21:39 AM »
If he signs this I'm done.........
Yet another defining moment in Trump's presidency.

I'm ready to win again and no, I'm not tired of winning yet.

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 10:39:02 AM »
Not signing it is just closing the door after the horse escaped.  6 months covered by this bill have already past,
The next battle will start the day after it is signed,  the FY2019 Budget and Appropriations must be worked out.
Oh Damn, we have an election year, just remember if your current congressman is a Rino who voted yes.

Trump has 10 days to sign, or if the good ole boys go into recess, ta da.   Course govt shuts down on the 29th
 ::lalanotlistening::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 10:40:24 AM »
I think the GOP is proactively working to ensure they lose majority power in the mid-terms. They understand that with both chambers of the legislature and the presidency, they are accountable to voters to enact a conservative agenda, and that's something they never truly wanted. They say it at election time, but they trust that they always have plausible deniability to say, "we can't - we don't have the numbers." Now they have the numbers, and they don't like it. It exposes their hypocrisy. So they're going to throw the mid-terms, absorb the disdain of the base, and sit by smugly as the Democrat majority impeaches a duly elected president who threatens the establishment control over the country.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 10:52:52 AM »
I think the GOP is proactively working to ensure they lose majority power in the mid-terms. They understand that with both chambers of the legislature and the presidency, they are accountable to voters to enact a conservative agenda, and that's something they never truly wanted. They say it at election time, but they trust that they always have plausible deniability to say, "we can't - we don't have the numbers." Now they have the numbers, and they don't like it. It exposes their hypocrisy. So they're going to throw the mid-terms, absorb the disdain of the base, and sit by smugly as the Democrat majority impeaches a duly elected president who threatens the establishment control over the country.

Exactly the plan ::facepalm::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 11:30:23 AM »
According to Dave Brat (R-House), the Senate snuck in a provision declaring there will be no budget next year, 2019, so Paul Ryan, running around saying "only for six months" is lying again or has been duped.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 11:56:58 AM »
According to Dave Brat (R-House), the Senate snuck in a provision declaring there will be no budget next year, 2019, so Paul Ryan, running around saying "only for six months" is lying again or has been duped.

Two different things,  a Budget is an outline of what they want to spend.  I don't believe budgets are mentioned in the
constitution.  What happened today was 16 appropriation bills combined into one.  There might not be a 2019 budget,
but you can bet there will be appropriations bills.  Those are required.  Ryan is correct, an appropriation bill cannot
extend beyond Sept 30.   Trump will hold a briefing at 1pm EST.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 12:02:05 PM »
Better veto this garbage.  If Trump is smart he needs to call this E-GOP bill no different than an Obama bill....let the E-GOP kill themselves, but refuse to touch the knife!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 12:32:28 PM »

Two different things,  a Budget is an outline of what they want to spend.  I don't believe budgets are mentioned in the
constitution.

True.

What happened today was 16 appropriation bills combined into one.  There might not be a 2019 budget,
but you can bet there will be appropriations bills.  Those are required.  Ryan is correct, an appropriation bill cannot
extend beyond Sept 30.   Trump will hold a briefing at 1pm EST.

Yes, Omnibus = multiple appropriation bills.

What I'm pointing out is, Constitution notwithstanding (and because it's not prohibited), there's been no actual budget, proposed/debated/amended/passed/signed since Obongo's reign and it doesn't look as though Congress has any intention of returning to the practice.  These 'continuing resolutions' are problematic in that, it appears to me, the method is too hurried, sneaky and encourages massive and wasteful spending.

Rush is JIPping Trump's address, he's talking about the military spending and, while cutting away for a commercial break, it's sounding to me that, for that reason, he'll sign the freakin thing.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline NHTom

• I don't fit in your fasces
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 12:36:54 PM »
Trump said this would be the last omnibus bill of this kind that he'd sign.

BULLsh*t

I thought he was able to make good deals?!?!?!?

::cussing:: WTF

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 12:39:56 PM »
What a BULLsh*t artist ::pullhair:: ::pullhair:: ::pullhair::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 12:40:16 PM »
It's for the defense spending, but WTF is right!  He could and should have vetoed it and made Congress parlay.

Plus, the next appropriations come up in September/October, right before the mid-terms.

I'm disgusted.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 12:43:42 PM »
"Congress' ....... support for the border"!  WTF is he talking about?

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 12:55:14 PM »

I believe there's $$$ in there for a wall in Lebanon or somewhere over there

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 01:05:12 PM »
Ann just had the best reply to this. " I'll never sign another like this"..Yeah cause you'll be impeached.

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 01:07:09 PM »
Not to damn well rehearsed, that's for sure.  I am disappointed, but not dishearted.

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 01:10:16 PM »

I believe there's $$$ in there for a wall in Lebanon or somewhere over there

Allegedly yes, supposedly border security for lebanon, Syria, and Irac. 

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 01:59:11 PM »
I loathe the GOP with the deepest of visceral loathing. The political solutions are exhausted, and it's 100% their fault. The Leftists were always the Leftists. But it's the GOP that has failed to rise up and guard liberty against the assault of the Leftists. F*** em.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson