Author Topic: Omnibus spending bill is a complete atrocity!  (Read 5464 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Omnibus spending bill is a complete atrocity!
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2018, 02:28:58 PM »
But it's the GOP that has failed to rise up and guard liberty against the assault of the Leftists.

Worse than that; the eGOP has joined the Leftists.  They funded Planned Parenthood AGAIN, along with other Leftist orgs.

Dan Bongino often says government flunkies have no power in "yes"; their power resides in "NO", no, you may not.

F*** em.

Hell yeah.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2018, 02:57:56 PM »
f**k this noise!

Trump just signed a second term away!  No way he recovers from this!  He just took the gun the E-GOP placed at their temple and held it to his own!  Might as well fling the borders open, spend twice as much for 2019, raise the minimum wage to $25/hr, nationalize healthcare...f**k it - crash this goddamned farce!

Red Team, Blue Team...same f**king team!  They are for themselves...not us!

The "well, we ain't them" BS won't fly let alone get off the ground any more, they ARE them!

Whatever Hell-spawned POS the DemonRats advance in 2020 will roll into office.

BITS!!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline hemm

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2018, 03:06:49 PM »
Welcome to the UNI-Party.  ::bashing::

Done with these fuggers.  ::cussing::
Not as new as I look, and I have an even worse attitude than I did when I first got here.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2018, 03:59:38 PM »
If he signs this I'm done.........

I'm done.

Well, I guess it depends on what one might characterize "done" as meaning. For me it means support for the people who are supposed to be our voice. Virtually every one of them has sold us out and seriously need dirt naps.

So I'm going to further withdraw from a society that has become more rot than apple. My town has lurched left and I can't take it anymore so I'm cranking up the Ark and looking to relocate. The more rural the better.

I never much liked people anyway...

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2018, 04:22:17 PM »
People suck!
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2018, 04:53:08 PM »
People suck!

Elite politicians suck more.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline NHTom

• I don't fit in your fasces
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 07:15:04 PM »
I loathe the GOP with the deepest of visceral loathing. The political solutions are exhausted, and it's 100% their fault. The Leftists were always the Leftists. But it's the GOP that has failed to rise up and guard liberty against the assault of the Leftists. F*** em.
It took a while but I came to the same conclusion.

The GOP didn't even try to negotiate.  Trump couldn't do anything about it.  He could have let the government shut down, but I'm sure the democrats were ready for that.

I think Trump did the best with what he had.  In the mean time, he's got a government to run.

On to the mid-terms.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 07:36:52 PM »

The GOP didn't even try to negotiate.  ...

They're such good losers. They would rather be a minority party where they can vote against Obamacare when it doesn't mean anything.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 11:15:24 PM »
I look at it like this, he got the $144+ billion for the military and no DACA.  There is still October, they better pass a conservative budget and no Omnibus bulls#!t.  Individual appropriations bills, so he can pick and choose those he will sign and those he won't.

Two laws I wish would happen,
1 Term limits on all elected government officials
2 Presidential line item veto
But as we know it's a wish.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 11:25:36 PM »
I look at it like this, he got the $144+ billion for the military and no DACA.  There is still October, they better pass a conservative budget and no Omnibus bulls#!t.  Individual appropriations bills, so he can pick and choose those he will sign and those he won't.

Two laws I wish would happen,
1 Term limits on all elected government officials
2 Presidential line item veto
But as we know it's a wish.

I don't agree with term limits.
Term Limits=perpetual dhimmicrats in office.
Why?
Because pubbies are mercurial and dhimmicrats are drones.
The left will obediently vote for any POS as long as it has a (D) behind it's name.
Pubbies obsess over the slightest  flaw in their champions and seek any possible reason to abandon them.
So the left will always have an advantage over the right when it comes to elections - and I'm only talking about the fair elections.
Institute term limits on Congress and you will never see another pubbie majority in either house (not that they have amounted to anything when in the majority)

Offline NHTom

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2018, 04:17:24 AM »
At the end of the day the pubbies couldn't put aside their differences w/ Trump and do what's best for the country.  A tantrum.

Yup.  Losing seems to be their "safe space."

So, we have tantrum throwing 5-year-old pubbies vs vindictive prepubescent dims vs one adult.

Time to get into their faces.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2018, 08:28:25 AM »
Did the shooting start yet?  No?

Okay , call me when it does.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2018, 12:13:25 PM »
At the end of the day the pubbies couldn't put aside their differences w/ Trump and do what's best for the country.  A tantrum.

Yup.  Losing seems to be their "safe space."

So, we have tantrum throwing 5-year-old pubbies vs vindictive prepubescent dims vs one adult.

Time to get into their faces.

I say let's send 'em home to think about their mistakes!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2018, 12:54:56 PM »
Reading elsewhere, I've seen the idea that Trump can spend what he likes where he likes, as the omnibus appropriations, being not an actual Budget, funds are ........ fungible.  Reminded as well this is exactly how Obongo operated for eight years.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2018, 02:02:30 PM »
Reading elsewhere, I've seen the idea that Trump can spend what he likes where he likes, as the omnibus appropriations, being not an actual Budget, funds are ........ fungible.  Reminded as well this is exactly how Obongo operated for eight years.

Yep! it isn't called the "Discretionary Appropriations Bill",  it's like Head Start Program, supposed to be funded by the Fed, not much
money ever showed up for that, because it was discretionary.  I haven't seen it lately, but there is the Non-Discretionary side too. it's
larger then the discretionary, and it covers must pay items, like Social Security, Medicare, Interest on the Debt...etc.  Congress and
the White House get notified what the Treasury will be paying out each month, no Bills needed.

Offline NHTom

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2018, 02:20:06 PM »

Yep! it isn't called the "Discretionary Appropriations Bill",  it's like Head Start Program, supposed to be funded by the Fed, not much
money ever showed up for that, because it was discretionary.  I haven't seen it lately, but there is the Non-Discretionary side too. it's
larger then the discretionary, and it covers must pay items, like Social Security, Medicare, Interest on the Debt...etc.  Congress and
the White House get notified what the Treasury will be paying out each month, no Bills needed.
Hmmm... Maybe the Head Start community would like to learn how to survey - you know - like the best way to build the wall.

It'd be a mighty shame if some of the participants were hurt by crossing illegals.  The leftists would likely accuse us of hiding behind children.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2018, 06:06:09 PM »
If he signs this I'm done.........

I'm done.

Well, I guess it depends on what one might characterize "done" as meaning. For me it means support for the people who are supposed to be our voice. Virtually every one of them has sold us out and seriously need dirt naps.

So I'm going to further withdraw from a society that has become more rot than apple. My town has lurched left and I can't take it anymore so I'm cranking up the Ark and looking to relocate. The more rural the better.

I never much liked people anyway...

I can't wait to disengage...unfortunately I have to slug it out at least another 10-12 years before I can phase out and go rural...in the meantime stuck in urban living...

::outrage::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2018, 06:10:36 PM »
Did the shooting start yet?  No?

Okay , call me when it does.

Yep.  Marking time...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2018, 06:22:44 PM »

Congress has been gutless for quite a while.

And it is pointless searching for differences between Red Team and Blue Team.

And ruling by cowardice and complicity is not even closely related to any notion of "good government".  Yes, the executive has some flexibility...and the deference to Presidential whim is not a solution, and it only serves to advance the further erosion of trust and ethics when you capitulate to the lowest common denominator of greed and fancy.

The system is too large, too corrupt...it is beyond salvage.

And people cannot wake up fast enough to matter now...maybe later, if they survive...

Whatever, I sound like a, well...

Plan accordingly.