Author Topic: Hola Amigos  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Hola Amigos
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2018, 12:24:12 PM »
They seem to change constitutions regularly and have a national referendum, both of which concern me.  Most of all I see no right to gun ownership or carry.

As bad as things are or can be here, we still have more gun rights as citizens than anywhere else on the planet.
Irrumabo!  GOP? - Nope. No more. They made their bed, now let them die in it.*
* © Libertas (H/T Glock32)

Offline Syzygy

• Likes the place
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2018, 02:09:51 PM »
Sounds nice.
Happy to hear Putin is well liked. I have no idea how wide spread this anti Russian hysteria is.
I had to look up The School of the Americas.

I can't even remember all the US intervention in Latin America.

Not to worry.  They've got their own "intervention in us" thingy going on now.  "Payback's a mother....."

Online paulh

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2018, 12:31:48 PM »
Just read a survey in NewMax about the 50 most free countries. Uruguay is 42, we the USA are 17th

Offline Syzygy

• Likes the place
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2018, 10:13:41 PM »
Just read a survey in NewMax about the 50 most free countries. Uruguay is 42, we the USA are 17th

In,  what is it now,  over 200 countries in the world,  42nd most free is not too shabby.   But it still ain't nothin' to write home about.  (...nor worth leaving home for.  Troc's MMV.)

Offline ToddWB

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2018, 09:15:01 AM »
They seem to change constitutions regularly and have a national referendum, both of which concern me.  Most of all I see no right to gun ownership or carry.

As bad as things are or can be here, we still have more gun rights as citizens than anywhere else on the planet.
Our gun ownership tends tokeep the rest of the world a little more free, once they disarm us, there's nothing to stop the Global Elite, AND THIS is the reason I believe the mass shootings here in the USA are MIHOP or LIHOP

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 03:03:04 PM »

Our gun ownership tends tokeep the rest of the world a little more free, once they disarm us, there's nothing to stop the Global Elite, AND THIS is the reason I believe the mass shootings here in the USA are MIHOP or LIHOP

Some do seem more M than L, but yeah...either way, it is INTENTIONAL!  ::outrage::

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2018, 03:56:50 PM »

Some do seem more M than L, but yeah...either way, it is INTENTIONAL!  ::outrage::

That definitely explains the recent shootings where the FBI/LEO were alerted to the perps before it happened.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline DocTrock

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2018, 06:13:19 PM »
Forgot about this place!   I was doing a search and the web address came up....so I thought I'd visit again.

Gun ownership:  Uruguay is listed anywhere from number 1 to number 7 when it comes to gun ownership per capita.  We're all armed.   

Crime is extremely low.    Food is extremely good.  There is virtually zero litter.  It's difficult to find a homeless person.   There are no pan-handlers.    The closest thing to it is a person who helps you find a parking place in front of a busy restaurant.  It is customary but in no way mandatory to tip such a person 20 pesos (about 70 cents) for helping you pull out into traffic, etc.

Running a business is difficult, small ones are much easier than big ones.   If you have money in the bank, Uruguay is fantastic.  If you think you're going to go down there and start a business....think again.   The exception is if you speak perfect Spanish and English and you want to work in Real Estate.   The other exception is if you buy property in a good tourist zone and rent it out for the Summer.   We hope to emulate our Uruguayan friends who make their living by renting their houses for 2 months a year.   If you're on the beach in Punta, Jose Ignacio, or La Barra/Montoya/Manantialies/El Chorro you can rent a 3 bedroom house out for 30k for January and 15 k for February.

This is enough for many folks to live on for the year because there are no mortgages and property tax is extremely low and "optional."   

The pace of life is simply fantastic!  It's the perfect balance between work and leisure.   Very few people work full-time.  The vast majority work 4 months a year.

If you remember what America was like 50 years ago and want to be around optimistic, kind and friendly people, Uruguay is a GREAT country.   

We're about 50/50 here and there now.  Soon to be there 10 months a year.   

Online patentlymn

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2018, 09:43:51 PM »
Hi doc!
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2018, 05:00:34 AM »
I look forward to doing the ex-pat thing again, in a few years. 

The closest thing to it is a person who helps you find a parking place in front of a busy restaurant.

I've seen that in both Mexico and  the Philippines.  Never in the richer Asian countries, though.  I think the assumption is that they will guard your car, and make sure nothing happens to it, if ya know what I mean.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2018, 07:42:55 AM »
Please explain...gun ownership you say is high...but what is their carry law for concealed and open?