Author Topic: l Trump says F your omnibus dictates, HERE's how we're spending the money...'  (Read 1915 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  This was sent to the speaker of the huse on Friday after Trump signed the omnibus bill.

Dear Mr. Speaker: (Dear Mr. President:)

In accordance with section 7058(d) of division K of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018 (H.R. 1625; the “Act”), I hereby designate as an emergency requirement all funding so designated by the Congress in the Act pursuant to section 251(b)(2)(A) of the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985, for the accounts referenced in section 7058(d).

The details of this action are set forth in the enclosed memorandum from the Director of the Office of Management and Budget.

Sincerely,

DONALD J. TRUMP

White House Logo 

The White House

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/text-letter-president-speaker-house-representatives-president-senate-21/

Huge H/T Rayra

All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online WilliamVA

This was sent to the speaker of the huse on Friday after Trump signed the omnibus bill.

Dear Mr. Speaker: (Dear Mr. President:)

In accordance with section 7058(d) of division K of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018 (H.R. 1625; the “Act”), I hereby designate as an emergency requirement all funding so designated by the Congress in the Act pursuant to section 251(b)(2)(A) of the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985, for the accounts referenced in section 7058(d).

The details of this action are set forth in the enclosed memorandum from the Director of the Office of Management and Budget.

Sincerely,

DONALD J. TRUMP

White House Logo 

The White House

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/text-letter-president-speaker-house-representatives-president-senate-21/

Huge H/T Rayra

I did the read around on this,

section 251(b)(2)(A) of the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985
A)   EMERGENCY   APPROPRIATIONS; OVERSEAS CONTGENCY OPERATIONS
/
GLOBAL WAR ON TERRORISM
.—
If, for any fiscal  year,  appropriations  for  discretionary  accounts  are 
enacted that—
(i)  the  Congress  designates  as  emergency  require-
ments  in  statute  on  an  account  by  account  basis  and 
the President subsequently so designates, or
(ii)  the  Congress  designates  for  Overseas  Contin-
gency  Operations/Global  War  on  Terrorism  in  statute 
on  an  account  by  account  basis  and  the  President  sub-
sequently so designates,
the  adjustment  shall  be  the  total  of  such  appropriations  in 
discretionary  accounts  designated  as  emergency  require-
ments  or  for  Overseas  Contingency  Operations/Global  War 
on Terrorism, as applicable.

Under the Omnibus Bill, in Division K, Sec 7058(d)  it appears 145M
in funds from a SEC State funding bill from 2015 that wasn't spent (I assume)
was repurposed from International Health Initiative.  The President is required to
send the letter he sent, apparently to free up the money for use by the Overseas
Contingency Operation/Global war on Terrorism.  The letter was manditory.
Still, it appears 145M to the global war on terrorism (wall).  Here a dollar, there a dollar.

Offline Syzygy

Lots of buzz about this and I'm not really sure what to believe,  but one thing that is certain:  if tried,  it will be challenged and consequently tied up in the courts for months,  possibly going to the SCOTUS.

If that means the monies won't be spent for ANYTHING during that time,  it's still a win in my book.   ::whatgives::

Online WilliamVA

Lots of buzz about this and I'm not really sure what to believe,  but one thing that is certain:  if tried,  it will be challenged and consequently tied up in the courts for months,  possibly going to the SCOTUS.

If that means the monies won't be spent for ANYTHING during that time,  it's still a win in my book.   ::whatgives::

I can't see why, the last paragraph of 7058(d) specifically states if  the President is going to reallocate the
funds to the global war on terrorism, he has to send a letter advising the Speaker, and  Majority Leader of the Senate.
This was built into the Bill,  The wording of the letter above is exactly as the was intended in the Bill.
Some stupid leaker thought he had a coup, O My, look how Trump is bossing congress around,  Nope!  Just
business as usual.  Based on the reading, the funding isn't even from this year, it appears to be left from the
DOS appropriation from 2015, when Kerry and Taylor were on their music tour. 

On this tracking, I came across this interesting description of the money process....it is only two phased, constitutionally,
Appropriation, and Allocation.  The missing word is "Budget", I am not sure when the budget crap started, possibly under
Eisenhower, but it's an absolute waste of time.   Also, Congress can only appropriate, which is to say this much dough for
this dept, this much for that dept.  Only the Pressident can allocate or spend. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
The Obama Precedent, eff em, welcome to latter day America!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  Whenever the hell they're ready they can go back to budgets like the good old days.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Niether party likes them because it pins things down, get used as political footballs and campaign fund raisers and then everything gets put into a reconciliation bill or another omnibus when a half-assed shutdown happens.  They are both gutless.

Offline Syzygy

I can't see why, the last paragraph of 7058(d) specifically states if  the President is going to reallocate the
funds to the global war on terrorism, he has to send a letter advising the Speaker, and  Majority Leader of the Senate.
This was built into the Bill,  The wording of the letter above is exactly as the was intended in the Bill.
Some stupid leaker thought he had a coup, O My, look how Trump is bossing congress around,  Nope!  Just
business as usual.  Based on the reading, the funding isn't even from this year, it appears to be left from the

On this tracking, I came across this interesting description of the money process....it is only two phased, constitutionally,
Appropriation, and Allocation.  The missing word is "Budget", I am not sure when the budget crap started, possibly under
Eisenhower, but it's an absolute waste of time.   Also, Congress can only appropriate, which is to say this much dough for

Was mentioned tonight on the FNMSM.  If tried,  the info-babe said it would have to be approved by Congress first.  As I understand it,  RUN by Congress, as a way to inform them (his letter),  but approval is in the long ago passed law...isn't it?  ::whatgives::

Schumer has already condemned the suggestion.  SOP for the SOB,  but the fact the national news and Chuck U  are giving it credibility by talking about it gives me reason to think it just might be possible.  Fingers crossed. 

Online WilliamVA

Was mentioned tonight on the FNMSM.  If tried,  the info-babe said it would have to be approved by Congress first.  As I understand it,  RUN by Congress, as a way to inform them (his letter),  but approval is in the long ago passed law...isn't it?  ::whatgives::

Schumer has already condemned the suggestion.  SOP for the SOB,  but the fact the national news and Chuck U  are giving it credibility by talking about it gives me reason to think it just might be possible.  Fingers crossed.

The exact wording in the Law is:

"    (4) The amounts repurposed under this subsection are designated by
the Congress as an emergency requirement pursuant to section
251(b)(2)(A)(i) of the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control
Act of 1985 and shall be available only if the President subsequently
so designates all such amounts and transmits such designations to the
Congress."

I am saying this is a bunch of hoopla, the letter the White House sent was
necessary to repurpose the funds, as designed by law.  There was no defiance,
his office was just making the funds available as the law required. 

Offline Syzygy

You know,  I know,  the whole world knows,  the S gonna HTF if he ever starts.  Gaw-w-w-w-w-d,  do I ever hope he starts. 

Trump's liberal-head-explosion entertainment factor has been waning of late.  Might be the kick start it needs.  Especially if there ain't nuffin' they can do about it but bitch and moan.   And wring their lily white hands.  You can't buy that kind of entertainment on Pay Per View.   ::whoohoo::

Offline NHTom

• I don't fit in your fasces
You know,  I know,  the whole world knows,  the S gonna HTF if he ever starts.  Gaw-w-w-w-w-d,  do I ever hope he starts. 

Trump's liberal-head-explosion entertainment factor has been waning of late.  Might be the kick start it needs.  Especially if there ain't nuffin' they can do about it but bitch and moan.   And wring their lily white hands.  You can't buy that kind of entertainment on Pay Per View.   ::whoohoo::
So, what happens when someone tries to interfere directly with a military operation on the border?  Especially, if they cross into Mexico - w/o a passport and try to get back in.

Online WilliamVA

This country is not really used to President's doing things, running the Government.   I find it awesome.  I like his house cleaning, sorta
all possible debts have been paid, leave. lol    The latest, VA, now the former VA Admin is all whiney, cause he got fired for an alleged
ethics violation, Nah!!   He got fired because he was an Obama Democrat, he was just filling in a blank until Trump could change it, in
the meantime, the only real improvement at the VA was the whistleblowers law, and that was Trump, not Shulkin. 

Lol,Trump keeps dragging red herrings across the trail, and the media heads off in different directions.   Unfortunately, the Right Wing
media needs to learn to shut up, they are making people like Hogg, stop coverring him, watch him fall.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

So, what happens when someone tries to interfere directly with a military operation on the border?  Especially, if they cross into Mexico - w/o a passport and try to get back in.

War, glorious beautiful war!   ::whoohoo::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

This country is not really used to President's doing things, running the Government.   I find it awesome.  I like his house cleaning, sorta
all possible debts have been paid, leave. lol    The latest, VA, now the former VA Admin is all whiney, cause he got fired for an alleged
ethics violation, Nah!!   He got fired because he was an Obama Democrat, he was just filling in a blank until Trump could change it, in
the meantime, the only real improvement at the VA was the whistleblowers law, and that was Trump, not Shulkin. 

Lol,Trump keeps dragging red herrings across the trail, and the media heads off in different directions.   Unfortunately, the Right Wing
media needs to learn to shut up, they are making people like Hogg, stop coverring him, watch him fall.

I disagree, every time that idiot spews his fascist garbage gun sales and Pro-2A memberships spike.

Besides, he's a an idiot and a tool of the DemoNazi's.

And in conclusion...

Molan Labe!