Author Topic: More assualts on liberty  (Read 2149 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: More assualts on liberty
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 06:05:57 PM »
If the bill was passed, and the TSA shut down all ingress and egress to Texas,
what then could Dan Patrick do? What could the state of Texas do?

The state of Texas stands firm.  Commerce in the US would be affected within 24-48 hours of a shutdown of the airlines in TX.  Many, many flights connect thru texas besides originating there.  That would force many Americans into voicing an opinion.

Voicing an opinion and taking a position, a side.  This might could have been the issue to force the issue, one way or the other, on who were are as a country.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 10:10:59 PM »
If the airlines went along with that plan, the FAA could shut down the airlines, and put their CEO's in jail. I don't think that the airlines would be willing to go against the FAA.

Maybe they would be willing to go against the FAA if they had the power of a resolute state and its laws backing them up. I don't think the FAA has the power to arbitrarily put an airline CEO in jail for acting in accordance with a state law that conflicts with a federal regulation that has not been adjudicated to a final resulting decision. Texas, Texas airports, and the airlines that serve Texas would be acting in accordance with specific Texas law in defiance of a federal regulatory body - not even federal law, but federal bureaucratic regulation. It is exactly the kind of resistance the country needs to place the malfeasance and overreach of the federal government and its tentacles on trial.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 07:34:37 AM »
Give the Alamo back!

/
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 01:05:23 PM »
Dan Patrick was just on the Mark Davis show on WBAP here in Dallas.

He was asked "What killed the TSA Bill?" He answered, "David Dewhurst."  Patrick had the votes but Dewhurst wanted to wait until he received a letter from the TSA. After the threat from the TSA, Dewhurst caved and would not support Patrick

David Dewhurst is the Lt. Governor of Texas, who runs the legislature. He actually has more power than the governor. If he doesn't support a bill, it doesn't get passed. Pure and Simple.

David Dewhurst is the one to wimp out and surrender the Alamo without a shot being fired!!
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 01:57:39 PM »
Dan Patrick was just on the Mark Davis show on WBAP here in Dallas.

He was asked "What killed the TSA Bill?" He answered, "David Dewhurst."  Patrick had the votes but Dewhurst wanted to wait until he received a letter from the TSA. After the threat from the TSA, Dewhurst caved and would not support Patrick

David Dewhurst is the Lt. Governor of Texas, who runs the legislature. He actually has more power than the governor. If he doesn't support a bill, it doesn't get passed. Pure and Simple.

David Dewhurst is the one to wimp out and surrender the Alamo without a shot being fired!!

Dan Patrick evidently spake truth about Dewhurst -- he's a PROBLEM; this is more information from Ed Mahmoud @ Grouchy's:

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2722864/posts?page=2
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 02:06:09 PM »
It takes courage for a state senator to speak out against his LT governor. It probably means dan will not be able to get any of his bills on the table.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 05:21:52 PM by radioman »
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011, 02:09:09 PM »
It takes courage for a state senator to speak out against his ltgovernor. It probably means dan will not be able to get any of his bills on the table.

From the looks of it, he won more than he gained.  Probably wasn't going to get serious consideration, or any, for anything he put forth.  At least this way, folks know at whom to point the .... finger.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 04:22:47 PM »