Topics > General Board

Culture Watch: Misogynist Talk Show Host Edition

(1/3) > >>

trapeze:
Damn, I didn't even know this had happened until after the dust had settled. But it apparently is over and in a way that, based on other similar situations, I would never have guessed.

It seems that MSNBC has this guy, Ed Schultz, who has a show. He actually has two shows, a tv and radio show. Who knew? Anyway, he used his radio show to call Laura Ingraham a "right wing slut."

I don't know the full story but for reasons not yet known (to me) this Schultz guy actually apologized for it. I mean that he really apologized. Said he was sorry. Asked for forgiveness.

--- Quote ---"On my radio show yesterday, I used vile and inappropriate language when talking about talk show host Laura Ingraham. I am deeply sorry, and I apologize...
--- End quote ---
"

The cynic in me believes that this was forced on him by someone with the power to make him unemployed. But who knows? I am so used to this kind of left wing media depravity that I honestly don't know why this very long apology ever saw the light of day.

Here is the link to the RCP story with accompanying video.

trapeze:
And just to add a little more info to the mix, here is the link to Laura Ingraham's Facebook page where she commented on the Schultz insult (before his apology) earlier today.

trapeze:
Okay, here's the RCP post from earlier today documenting Schultz's on air radio performance.

--- Quote ---"And what do the Republicans thinking about? They're not thinking about their next-door neighbor. They're just thinking about how much this is going to cost. President Obama is going to be visiting Joplin, Mo., on Sunday but you know what they're talking about, like this right-wing slut, what's her name?, Laura Ingraham? Yeah, she's a talk slut,"
--- End quote ---

trapeze:
So I guess what I personally find so unusual about this apology is that I don't have to put quotation marks around the word thereby indicating that it wasn't really an apology.

What is so unusual is that he didn't use the time-tested "apology" of the left that starts with the words, "If I have offended..."

charlesoakwood:

He's the bully bar drunk that never leaves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version