Author Topic: Will Deerfield, IL be the Lexington of American Revolution 2.0?  (Read 5347 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Fascists giving people 60 days to turn in "assault weapons", or be fined $1k/day.  Folks out to be marching in the streets armed to the teeth shouting "Molon Labe!".

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline NHTom

• I don't fit in your fasces
Re: Will Deerfield, IL be the Lexington of American Revolution 2.0?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 08:19:24 AM »
http://kdvr.com/2018/04/06/illinois-town-bans-assault-weapons-imposes-fine-up-to-1000-a-day/
DEERFIELD, Ill. — The village of Deerfield in northern Illinois has passed a ban on assault weapons, but it affects much more than sales and manufacturing.

If the 18,000 residents of the Chicago suburb don’t forfeit or secure weapons that fall under the ban by June 13, they will be charged from $200 to $1,000 a day as a penalty.

According to the ordinance, which the the Village Board of Trustees unanimously approved Monday night, it is unlawful for a person “to carry, keep, bear, transport or possess an assault weapon in the Village,” except if the weapon is “broken down in a non-functioning state,” is “not immediately accessible to any person,” or is “unloaded and enclosed in a case, firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container by a person who has been issued a currently valid Firearm Owner’s Identification Card.”

Law enforcement officers, current and retired, are exempted.

The ordinance makes specific reference to recent mass shootings in Parkland, Florida; Las Vegas; and Sutherland Springs, Texas.

“Assault weapons have been increasingly used in an alarming number of notorious mass shooting incidents at public places, public venues, places of worship and places of public accommodation,” the ordinance reads.

The authors of the legislation claim the law “may increase the public’s sense of safety…not withstanding potential objections regarding the availability of alternative weaponry or the enforceability of such a ban.”

Objections have come in spades. On Thursday morning, the Illinois State Rifle Association announced it and the Second Amendment Foundation had jointly filed a lawsuit against the Village of Deerfield.

“They are blatantly violating state law and they are violating the Second Amendment,” said Richard Pearson, executive director of the Illinois State Rifle Association.

He said the ISRA has been receiving waves of calls from people upset over the ban and is confident the ISRA’s legal challenge will prevail.

“The penalties are just draconian,” he says. “A guy — or a lady — who owns a large-capacity magazine or anything like that could owe thousands of dollars, and if they cross the thin, almost invisible line between municipalities, they could be considered a criminal.”

The NRA is supporting a similar lawsuit filed by the gun advocacy group Guns Save Life.

“Every law-abiding villager of Deerfield has the right to protect themselves, their homes, and their loved ones with the firearm that best suits their needs,” Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA’s lobbying arm, said in a statement.

Tthe term “assault weapon” is in and of itself highly contentious, and no discussion of such a ban would be complete without some clarification.

Since the expiration of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban in 2004, there hasn’t been any official definition for the term.

It is often dismissed by gun-rights advocates for its imprecision in describing what, exactly, an assault weapon is or isn’t.

A common NRA talking point states an assault weapon should be defined as “any weapon used in an assault,” whether it be a gun, a knife, or otherwise.

Deerfield’s ordinance sets its own extensive definition of the term.

In short, its version of an assault weapon is “a semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a large capacity magazine, detachable or otherwise.”

There are other aspects, including rifle additions and types of magazines.

As defined by the village, the term also includes semiautomatic pistols, semiautomatic shotguns, conversion kits and “any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.”

The ban also provides an open-ended list of firearm models.

It includes the AR-15 and its variants, which have been used in an overwhelming number of highly publicized mass shootings — including February’s attack at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Offline NHTom

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 08:21:01 AM »
They're just begging for blood.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 09:01:47 AM »
Seems like it.  It's the "why" I don't get.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline NHTom

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 09:12:52 AM »
Seems like it.  It's the "why" I don't get.
Provoke - then spin with assurance the lamestream media will push their agenda.

Assume there's a march.  A crowd can heckle from the sidelines - provoking.  Throw rocks and bottles - hoping for a martyr like Charlottesville.

Some leftist may even get a gun and start shooting into the Second Amendment marchers and an "innocent" bystander gets hit.  All "proof" no one should have guns.

How would you resist?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 09:45:02 AM »
Yep, and aside from the gun/shooting, we've seen the script (you described) followed at Trump rallies, for one.

The "why" I don't get is why provoke AR 2.0 when they're likely to get their asses kicked after massive bloodshed on both sides.  They apparently believe they'll win, when they know damn well we're armed to the teeth out here.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 09:57:58 AM »
Well, look at this -- ask and ye shall receive:

Moral Imbeciles

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 10:01:44 AM »
As if we here in NJ don't have it bad enough they're going the same route. Then the paper posts a survey(I wasn't called) that 75% of residents support more gun control ::cussing::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 10:23:43 AM »
As if we here in NJ don't have it bad enough they're going the same route. Then the paper posts a survey(I wasn't called) that 75% of residents support more gun control ::cussing::

Having been born and raised in NJ, and with family still there, I can tell you most of 'em don't know what freedom or liberty looks like.  And they don't want to know.

All I want from most New Jerseyans is for them to stay where the hell they are and out of North Carolina.  They're living under despotic rule, the rule for which they voted, and then when the burden gets too heavy, they flee for other States only to start voting for the same crap.

Offline NHTom

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 10:24:04 AM »
And they laughed at us when we said that registration was just a precursor to confiscation.

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 10:42:49 AM »

Having been born and raised in NJ, and with family still there, I can tell you most of 'em don't know what freedom or liberty looks like.  And they don't want to know.

All I want from most New Jerseyans is for them to stay where the hell they are and out of North Carolina.  They're living under despotic rule, the rule for which they voted, and then when the burden gets too heavy, they flee for other States only to start voting for the same crap.

What section of NJ? Some areas like mine are still OK. Almost moved to the Tryon area in the late 90's. Decided not to after several visits and seeing too cars with NJ plates.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 10:57:56 AM »
I was born in Newark and lived in a lot of places all the way down to Hightstown.  Most of the family lives in northern NJ, some live down by Jackson.  Dad had eleven siblings resulting in lots of first cousins for me.

What/where is Tryon?

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2018, 11:41:56 AM »
I was born in Newark and lived in a lot of places all the way down to Hightstown.  Most of the family lives in northern NJ, some live down by Jackson.  Dad had eleven siblings resulting in lots of first cousins for me.

What/where is Tryon?

https://tryon-nc.com/  If you can find it Rush just played a clip of a guy from Greensboro raising hell at a council meeting about their gun control plans.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2018, 12:04:31 PM »

What/where is Tryon?

https://tryon-nc.com/  If you can find it Rush just played a clip of a guy from Greensboro raising hell at a council meeting about their gun control plans.

Oh, ok, western Carolina. 

Yah, too many NJ plates everywhere anymore.  I make my husband laugh because every time I see one, I point and bellow "go home".  They can't hear me, of course, it's mostly in parking lots and while driving.  Damn locusts.

Heard the man from Greensboro on Rush's show and vids of him are popping up at a lot of different sites.  Yea! for him.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2018, 02:48:03 PM »

Moral Imbeciles

Fodder they have in abundance.

I'd say be careful what ya wish for...but I just don't give a damn any more...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 03:09:10 PM »

What/where is Tryon?

https://pjmedia.com/video/black-gun-owners-righteous-rant-defending-2nd-amendment-goes-viral/

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 12:16:15 PM »

What/where is Tryon?

https://pjmedia.com/video/black-gun-owners-righteous-rant-defending-2nd-amendment-goes-viral/

Yeah, that was good.  The part about "the script" was awesome.

Contrast that with the cognitive dissonance of the who realize the high-profile race baiters are making money off of them...and their response isn't the message is wrong and failing, no they are butthurt that they are not getting thier due cut of the extortion scheme to funnel, heh, supposedly to their poor stuggling families who lost their Dindu Nuffin!

A lot of people are batshyt crazy and prove it every day.

https://youtu.be/V2f-MZ2HRHQ

And it all starts with a failure to think for yourself.

ETA - I saw this the other day, read it, all of it.  For those of us who are aware of this writer it is a good refresher!

http://blog.olegvolk.net/2018/04/01/amendment-two-a-legal-immigrants-cautionary-tale-by-anonymous/

God-given rights are permanent!!!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 12:52:32 PM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 02:08:18 PM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 11:41:27 AM »
Looks like the stoners in Boulder, CO are the latest to go Nazi with an gun-grabbing ordinance.

They are pretty infested with proglodyte filth...are any sane people even there to ban, fine or confiscate?  Why not go all the way you pussies?!

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 02:21:31 PM »

Moral Imbeciles

“Poor devils,” Macgillivray repeated. “It is for their Maker to judge them, but we who are trying to patch up civilisation have to see that they are cleared out of the world. Don’t imagine that they are devotees of any movement, good or bad. They are what I have called them, moral imbeciles, who can be swept into any movement by those who understand them. They are the neophytes and hierophants of crime, and it is as criminals that I have to do with them. Well, all this desperate degenerate stuff is being used by a few clever men who are not degenerates or anything of the sort, but only evil. There has never been such a chance for a rogue since the world began.”
….
“Their motive, as I have said, was gain but that was not the motive of the people they worked through. Their cleverness lay in the fact that they used the fanatics, the moral imbeciles as Macgillivray called them, whose key was a wild hatred of something or other, or a reasoned belief in anarchy. Behind the smug exploiters lay the whole dreary wastes of half-baked craziness. Macgillivray gave me examples of how they used these tools, the fellows who had no thought of profit, and were ready to sacrifice everything, including their lives, for a mad ideal. It was a masterpiece of cold-blooded, devilish ingenuity. Hideous, and yet comic too; for the spectacle of these feverish cranks toiling to create a new heaven and a new earth and thinking themselves the leaders of mankind, when they were dancing like puppets at the will of a few scoundrels engaged in the most ancient of pursuits, was an irony to make the gods laugh.”
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson