Author Topic: Sweet! Ameriphobic Broadcast Company gets shaded by Chattanooga PD!  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

A photo of a young woman wearing a T-shirt supporting President Donald Trump and displaying a concealed weapon is wrong in so many ways to many on the left.

In the minds of liberals, it’s just just wrong — it must also be illegal.

The photo Brenna Spencer posted on her Twitter account Saturday to commemorate her upcoming graduation from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga certainly stirred up plenty of emotions.

The picture shows Spencer posing defiantly with Chattanooga’s Chief John Ross Bridge in the background, according to Newsweek, with the gun’s handle easily visible against her midriff.

Second Amendment supporters admired the photo and applauded Spencer’s courage for posting it, while gun-control advocates slammed the photo for being reckless in the wake of February’s school shooting in Parkland, Florida.

Plus, critics can’t believe a young woman — or any woman — is vocal in her support of the president.

As of midday Thursday, the tweet had received almost 92,000 likes and had been retweeted nearly 14,000 times.

I don’t take normal college graduation photos… pic.twitter.com/eI1NvLFYHs

— Brenna Spencer (@BrennaSpencer) April 7, 2018

(See above)

One critic of the picture alleged that Spencer broke the law by having her weapon visible at Chattanooga’s Hunter Museum of American Art. Spencer was standing outside of the museum when the photo was taken.

That same person even posted a screenshot of an article from ArtNews.com, which lists the Hunter Museum of American Art as being among the museums that does not allow citizens to carry firearms on its grounds.

WTVC, the ABC News affiliate in Chattanooga, contacted the Chattanooga Police Department about the legality of Spencer’s picture, but didn’t receive a reply to their request for a comment.

ABC News called the police on my friend, Brenna Spencer (probably hoping to get a better story).

Here I am in solidarity with Brenna, also carrying in public. We will NOT allow for Leftist intimidation tactics to hinder our inalienable #2A rights. pic.twitter.com/qzv9adtm9G

— Alana Mastrangelo (@ARmastrangelo) April 11, 2018

The station did speak to Mark Haskins, a former member of the department who spent 30 years in law enforcement. But his reaction probably wasn’t what the station was looking for.

“I don’t have any adverse reaction to that,” Haskins told the station upon seeing Spencer’s photo.

https://conservativetribune.com/remember-the-girl-abc-journalists-called-the-cops-on-her/

Shows what lengths the Ameriphobes go to in order to demonize their enemies...something they do not do for their allies!

Her friend Alana mentioned above -

https://twitter.com/ARmastrangelo/status/984131438416101378/photo/1

Most excellent defense of your God-given rights ladies!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Sweet! Ameriphobic Broadcast Company gets shaded by Chattanooga PD!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 03:23:05 PM »
Love it.  Bless them both.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Syzygy

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 03:33:16 PM »
"The picture shows Spencer posing defiantly with Chattanooga’s Chief John Ross Bridge in the background,..."

That is actually the Walnut Street Bridge in the background.  It is the old steel truss bridge that was refurbished for foot traffic only many years ago,  when it became unsafe and inadequate for heavy vehicle use. 

The actual John Ross Bridge is a drawbridge,  for boat traffic on the Tennessee,  and is still in use for vehicles.  Also,  it was originally the Market Street Bridge,  renamed for PC purposes but still referred to as the Market Street Bridge by the locals. 

Ironically,  the PC folks at WTVC (who called the police) recently did a "remembering our racist past" type story on the Walnut Street Bridge. 
It seems there was a lynching on that bridge,  many years ago.  The reporter,  also an AA,  ended the story in tears.   :'(

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 04:03:02 PM »
"The picture shows Spencer posing defiantly with Chattanooga’s Chief John Ross Bridge in the background,..."

That is actually the Walnut Street Bridge in the background.  It is the old steel truss bridge that was refurbished for foot traffic only many years ago,  when it became unsafe and inadequate for heavy vehicle use. 

The actual John Ross Bridge is a drawbridge,  for boat traffic on the Tennessee,  and is still in use for vehicles.  Also,  it was originally the Market Street Bridge,  renamed for PC purposes but still referred to as the Market Street Bridge by the locals. 

Ironically,  the PC folks at WTVC (who called the police) recently did a "remembering our racist past" type story on the Walnut Street Bridge. 
It seems there was a lynching on that bridge,  many years ago.  The reporter,  also an AA,  ended the story in tears.   :'(

Nice catch.  So then I take it she may not have been on that Hunter Museum property...not that I GAFF either way...asshats can place those "This libtarded building bans sensible intelligent law-abiding people from carrying guns here because we like to make sure our violent criminals get what they want without fear" signs...but most case law supports carry on public grounds...she being outside is on fricken public grounds...not that libiots can reason like normal people and figure that out...it gets in the way of lying and stirring up their smelly brain-dead constituents...they don't need no stinkin' facts!  Oh, how did those butthurt snowflakes let a museum get away with a "Hunter" name?  Hunters are violent gun-wielding Neanderthals killing innocent creatures of Gaia for food and sport!

Fukkin'-A, and don't you forget it! 

;D

Online Syzygy

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 12:50:48 PM »

Nice catch.  So then I take it she may not have been on that Hunter Museum property...not that I GAFF either way...asshats can place those "This libtarded building bans sensible intelligent law-abiding people from carrying guns here because we like to make sure our violent criminals get what they want without fear" signs...but most case law supports carry on public grounds...she being outside is on fricken public grounds...not that libiots can reason like normal people and figure that out...it gets in the way of lying and stirring up their smelly brain-dead constituents...they don't need no stinkin' facts!  Oh, how did those butthurt snowflakes let a museum get away with a "Hunter" name?  Hunters are violent gun-wielding Neanderthals killing innocent creatures of Gaia for food and sport!

No,  that is definitely Hunter Museum property she's standing on.  The Hunter is on a bluff overlooking the Tennessee,  thus the plexi-glass safety wall.  If you pull up the Bing map of the Hunter,  it only shows 2 bridges crossing the Tennessee--the Mkt. St. (John Ross) and the Veterans--probably because they're the only ones around that area for vehicle traffic.   But if you go to satellite view (something the initial reporter failed to do,  apparently),  then the Walnut St. Bridge is seen,  blocking any view of the Mkt. St. bridge from where this young lady is standing.

The Hunter (named after a Coke bottling franchisee heir,  whose inherited mansion was donated for creation of the museum,  upon his passing) is a 501 (c) 3,  not for profit deal,  which is a good thing since they've constantly struggled to stay in existence for as long as I can remember.  Not a big problem for them though,  since some of,  if not the bulk of,  their monies come from local and state grants,  not from admissions. 

The Tennessee legislature has been expanding the areas where a citizen can legally CC,  lately.  Not sure what all passed if any,  but I seem to recall the 2 biggies were college campuses and state parks.  So,  the Hunter can virtue signal all they want with their "gun free zone" declaration,  but they really have no legal recourse to make it stick.  If they take state money,  then the state has the final say-so as to who  can legally CC and where--not them. 

Personally,  I couldn't care less if the whole cliff side broke off and flushed the place into the river,  which would be the only so-called "art" they had anything to do with,  I would actually pay good money to see.  Eff 'em--in a most inartful manner preferably.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 09:02:29 AM »

No,  that is definitely Hunter Museum property she's standing on.  The Hunter is on a bluff overlooking the Tennessee,  thus the plexi-glass safety wall.  If you pull up the Bing map of the Hunter,  it only shows 2 bridges crossing the Tennessee--the Mkt. St. (John Ross) and the Veterans--probably because they're the only ones around that area for vehicle traffic.   But if you go to satellite view (something the initial reporter failed to do,  apparently),  then the Walnut St. Bridge is seen,  blocking any view of the Mkt. St. bridge from where this young lady is standing.

The Hunter (named after a Coke bottling franchisee heir,  whose inherited mansion was donated for creation of the museum,  upon his passing) is a 501 (c) 3,  not for profit deal,  which is a good thing since they've constantly struggled to stay in existence for as long as I can remember.  Not a big problem for them though,  since some of,  if not the bulk of,  their monies come from local and state grants,  not from admissions. 

The Tennessee legislature has been expanding the areas where a citizen can legally CC,  lately.  Not sure what all passed if any,  but I seem to recall the 2 biggies were college campuses and state parks.  So,  the Hunter can virtue signal all they want with their "gun free zone" declaration,  but they really have no legal recourse to make it stick.  If they take state money,  then the state has the final say-so as to who  can legally CC and where--not them. 

Personally,  I couldn't care less if the whole cliff side broke off and flushed the place into the river,  which would be the only so-called "art" they had anything to do with,  I would actually pay good money to see.  Eff 'em--in a most inartful manner preferably.

Good useful information...and I can't fault the opinion parts either...I take it their idea of art probably isn't dissimilar to what the haughty old money progs and pseudo-intellectual new money progs here go for...which is to say the most idiotic virtue-signaling collections of crap they can get their stubby little hands on...

::facepalm::

And...like many here have advocated often...carry where you want...it's up to them to find out!  Progs can KMA!   ::mooning::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 09:31:57 AM »
Something about pretty girls and guns makes me wanna...  ::kissface::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 10:17:16 AM »
I hear ya...

::cool::

Online Syzygy

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 10:05:37 PM »

It seems there was a lynching on that bridge,  many years ago.  The reporter,  also an AA,  ended the story in tears.
  :'(

Well,  whaddaya know?   Guess they couldn't find any confederate statues to tear down:
Public Sculpture in Tennessee Will Memorialize Lynching Victim
Chattanooga confronts its history with a planned memorial to a young black man named Ed Johnson who was murdered by a white lynch mob in 1906

By Julissa Treviño
smithsonian.com
April 18, 2018

In 1906, a mob of white Chattanooga, Tennessee, residents abducted Ed Johnson, a young black man, from his jail cell. After they dragged him through the streets, they hung him by his neck above the Walnut Street Bridge. They then proceeded to shoot at him.

Johnson had been accused of raping a white woman, Nevada Taylor. While he maintained he was innocent of any crime, an all-white jury sentenced him to death. Though his court-appointed lawyer decided against pursuing an appeal, local black attorneys appealed on his behalf, filing a petition for a writ of habeas corpus.

But when the U.S. Supreme Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee issued him a stay of execution, the mob took matters into their own hands, brutally killing Johnson.
more@ https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/planned-public-sculpture-tennessee-honors-1906-innocent-lynching-victim-180968813/?utm_source=smithsoniandaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20180418-daily-responsive&spMailingID=33944385&spUserID=NzU3NjYzODU0OTgS1&spJobID=1262211743&spReportId=MTI2MjIxMTc0MwS2

fair use claimed: educational purposes

Not only do they need to keep picking at the scab of our racial history,  in order to keep that sore oozing the pus of discord,  now they gotta pour salt in it,  too. 

What these SJ posers fail to take into account is,  back in the day,  sometimes the mob had a perfectly acceptable defense:  Your honor,  he needed killin'.

Maybe not in every case,  and not applied to blacks exclusively,  but whatever the case,  there's been way too much water pass under that bridge to go back and try to sort it all out now,  and try to make a martyr out of a convicted rapist.  Sh!t happened. STFU and move on. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2018, 05:38:25 AM »
It's almost as though the Alinskyites want a race war .....
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 08:06:16 AM »
I think Lenin said it... probably others if that Ilk...that if you erase a cutures past you can create it's future.  Progs here believe that...but are clueless to what it will trigger here.  Closest comparison would be the breakup of Yugoslavia.

f**k it, they thirst for blood, then blood they will have.