Author Topic: Priceless - Acting CPSB Director beats Dizzy Lizzy Warren with own statute!  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Schadenfreude.   :supercool:
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero

The CPSB is a constitutional monstrosity. Unlike the Vietnam war, it cannot be defunded by congress.
Congress and the DOJ do not exercize what authority they do have over the financial industry.
I read Bailout by Barofsky(?) where he documented how the treasury dept acts to protect the banks from the citizens, not the other way around.  I read there are 5 finance industry lobbyists for every member of congress.

I wish all the big banks were broken up into the size we had when I was growing up.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
I wish all the big banks were broken up into the size we had when I was growing up.

If it's too big to fail, it's too big.

Online Syzygy

The CPSB is a constitutional monstrosity. Unlike the Vietnam war, it cannot be defunded by congress.
Congress and the DOJ do not exercize what authority they do have over the financial industry.
I read Bailout by Barofsky(?) where he documented how the treasury dept acts to protect the banks from the citizens, not the other way around.  I read there are 5 finance industry lobbyists for every member of congress.

I was at the Dollar Tree the other day and they still had copies of Paulson's "On the Brink" (alternate title:  How I Saved the World Without Really Trying). 
Man,  that thing must have sold like hotcakes. [/sarc]

Anyway,  without going into all the ways I hate the man and everything he bends over for,   it's still a somewhat enlightening read,  albeit dry as dust.  And not so because of how he miraculously pulled us back from the brink of financial destruction,  single handedly to hear him tell it,  which he didn't.
But because it gives an insight into the inner workings of the Fed,  treasury,  and all the bureaucratic swamp monsters that have their hands on our financial system,  ruining and running them into the ground.  And more to the benefit of the big banks,  not the credit consumers.

The big banks were on the hook for gazillions of dollars in bad investment debt,  individual consumers were on the hook for gazillions of dollars in mortgage debt.   Somebody's gonna lose a gazillion dollars.  Guess who?  <BZZZZZZZZZZZZ>  WRONG!  The U.S. dollar is the ultimate loser.  It loses value,  resulting in inflation.  No prob for .gov-- they can print all they want.  No prob for the big banks who can use those new dollars to cover their losses and continue making more bad bets,  whose losses will also be covered. 

But the man or woman who still has to earn those dollars the hard way,  just to keep their heads above water,  are the ultimate losers too,  when the loser dollar loses value.  That's everybody,  mortgage or no. 

If there's a Dollar Tree near you,  I would advise getting one.  Where else can you read about your country going to sh!t,  and for only one buck.  Thanks to their policies,  it will soon cost you a couple three bucks.  Guaranteed. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
And see the "suits" wringing their hands because people don't save much anymore, either.  Gee, wonder why.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
It's a global game of Last Fiat Standing...in the end all are losers...the wise plan accordingly.  Same as ever...

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
...the wise plan accordingly.  Same as ever...

Investing in gold and lead? ::devil::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
...the wise plan accordingly.  Same as ever...

Investing in gold and lead? ::devil::

What else?

Oh, Ag...stuff n this n that.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
https://www.weaselzippers.us/381434-cfpb-director-refuses-to-answer-elizabeth-warrens-questions-says-he-doesnt-have-to-because-of-the-way-she-designed-the-agency/

::hysterical::

Doesn't get much better than that!

More proof these libtard's don't know their own ass from a hole in the dirt!

::laughonfloor::

I have to disagree on one point.  They knew what they were doing at the time because they were supposed to win the election and keep info from the  pubbies which was the goal.  But as God willed it they LOST and now they have to eat it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
https://www.weaselzippers.us/381434-cfpb-director-refuses-to-answer-elizabeth-warrens-questions-says-he-doesnt-have-to-because-of-the-way-she-designed-the-agency/

::hysterical::

Doesn't get much better than that!

More proof these libtard's don't know their own ass from a hole in the dirt!

::laughonfloor::

I have to disagree on one point.  They knew what they were doing at the time because they were supposed to win the election and keep info from the  pubbies which was the goal.  But as God willed it they LOST and now they have to eat it.

I'll give ya partial credit...some had to have known, at least in summary form because somebody has to champion this bullspit for a reason...I bet a lot don't even know that because one of their loyal travelers got it covered...