Author Topic: More disturbing news about Millennials  (Read 90118 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
More disturbing news about Millennials
« on: April 16, 2018, 02:53:16 PM »
https://www.weaselzippers.us/381456-poll-66-of-u-s-millennials-dont-know-what-auschwitz-was/

::speechless::

This is how history repeats itself.

It's not crazy to think this is unthinkable, is it?

Millennial ignorance on top of Prog intentions!

Not on my watch!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: More disturbing news about Millennials
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 12:20:06 PM »

Pretty good definition of  ::cussing:: in the head!

Problem is the damage they do to others!

NOMW!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline fordguy_85

Re: More disturbing news about Millennials
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 06:41:36 AM »
This is only going to get worse as time goes on. And it’s not even necessary for a conspiracy to make it worse.

I read once that Socrates warned of the forgetfulness that writing causes. And it’s true. Today we have more knowledge, information, and raw data at our fingertips than at any point in the history of the world, and yet we retain less and less of it.

A good example of this is that before I had a cellphone with contact storing capability, I knew by heart the phone numbers of anyone that I would have reason to call. Now that has shrunken to basically immediate family only. Because I don’t HAVE to know the numbers anymore.

Again, as our dependence on electronic storage and google, etc continues to increase, the general reduction in retained knowledge will continue to decrease.
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge