Author Topic: I hope this gets acted on...Anti-2A Citibank et al can suck it!  (Read 2524 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Re: I hope this gets acted on...Anti-2A Citibank et al can suck it!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 07:57:59 PM »
OK, not just Citibank...all of them!

http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2018/04/big-banks-target-bill-of-rights.html

http://www.captainsjournal.com/2018/04/22/amalgamated-bank-pressures-ruger-to-support-gun-control-measures/

Oh, and this - screw E-GOP chickensh*ts!  It's either a slippery-slope or it isn't, take a fricken stand you candy-asses!

Captain says it best:

Oh bullsh*t.  You’ve written plenty of laws that trace the exchange of capital forcing people to utilize banks.  You’ve written onerous taxation laws that require us to know where every penny goes, you’ve written laws that fund the federal reserve, and you’ve bailed out the banks to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars.

Don’t come crying to me about the free market.  That “high bar” you talked about wasn’t so high when you were trying to take the people’s money, so now when those very banks you’ve bailed out and made systemic to our financial system won’t work with firearms manufacturers, now you pull the “free market” card?  Now you do?

What a putz.  You’re a liar and a crapweasel.

http://www.captainsjournal.com/2018/04/22/gop-splits-as-banks-take-on-the-gun-industry/

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 12:39:59 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/34626/louisiana-denies-citi-bank-bank-america-600-ryan-saavedra

Louisiana Denies Citibank, Bank of America $600 Million Over Gun Control Push

Louisiana officials denied two of America's largest banks an opportunity to be involved in a project worth hundreds of millions of dollars on Thursday because of their decision to align with left-wing activists and the Democratic party in pushing for gun control.

"The State Bond Commission refused to allow Citigroup and Bank of America to work as underwriters on the interstate highway financing deal," The Virginia Pilot reported.

The effort, led by two Republicans — Attorney General Jeff Landry and Treasurer John Schroder — came in response to decisions from both banks to enact "policies restricting gun sales and manufacturing by their commercial customers."

Lousiana government officials made it clear that they would not tolerate bullying tactics intended to harm American's Second Amendment rights after far-left activists pushed heavily for gun control earlier this year.

"You're in the banking business," Republican Rep. Blake Miguez told the banks. "Why have you all decided to enter the policymaking business?"

"I personally believe the policies of these banks are an infringement on the rights of Louisiana citizens," Schroder said. "As a veteran and former member of law enforcement, I take the Second Amendment very seriously.

"If you have zero respect for the U.S. Constitution, then you don’t need to do business with the state of Louisiana,” Sen. John N. Kennedy (R-LA) said from Washington, D.C.

GSA may think about it, but Louisiana has already done it.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 05:14:54 PM »
The part that's NOT in the story: The board decided with a 7-6 vote to deny the 2 banks. It was 7-6 because our esteemed Lt. Governor Billy Nungesser was noticeably absent. Had he been there, the vote would have surely gone 7-7.

He's an asshat in the first degree.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 09:34:06 PM »
Yeah, we have Mr. Mumbles, Gov. Mark "Pills" Dayton...ass-puppet of the International Brotherhood of Progressive Ameriphobes, so I feel your pain.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 07:34:10 AM »
See?!  I was right...it's widespread because they used the regulators to extort compliance....legalized extortion isn't legal!  Not sure how I missed that obvious link the first time...I was in that bloody industry!  All heavily regulated industries (and few are lightly regulated) are beaten into submission with regulatory compliance, it is the easiest club for any Fedcoat to swing...and it keeps the bureaucracy bloated and insidious.

OK, where's my Winnie the Pooh and Piglet "time to burn this fothermucker down" pic?!   ::gaah::