Topics > History

I saw this and was transported back in time to the happiness of my youth

<< < (3/4) > >>

Libertas:
Oh year...cap guns, the cowboy variety...people forget why caps came in rolls, break one segment off, stick it in the gun like a roll if film.  IIRC one style gun took it's own kind of caps, real pain to find.

IronDioPriest:

--- Quote from: AlanS on April 23, 2018, 05:15:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: Libertas on April 23, 2018, 01:26:15 PM ---  Come war-fighting time we had a rule of no-rocks, only dirt clods.

--- End quote ---

Some of those had the consistency of rocks. I remember that well. Got hit with a few.

--- End quote ---

We used to have dirt clod wars too... Standing on top of dirt piles from new construction excavation... lobbing clods. Used to take special delight when the clod I grabbed had a rock in it.

patentlymn:

I think I had a belt buckle with a derringer in it. Or maybe I just wanted one. I can't remember.  I know I had a derringer.

I watched the recent movie The Florida Project, maybe on Amazon Prime. A bunch of poor, free range kids living in a cheap motel near Disneyworld. Not exactly like me growing up but they were free.
Even their screw ups seemed real to me.  How weere they supposed to know that the fireplace in the abandoned condos was not a real fireplace?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwQ-NH1rRT4

patentlymn:

--- Quote from: IronDioPriest on April 24, 2018, 03:07:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: AlanS on April 23, 2018, 05:15:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: Libertas on April 23, 2018, 01:26:15 PM ---  Come war-fighting time we had a rule of no-rocks, only dirt clods.

--- End quote ---

Some of those had the consistency of rocks. I remember that well. Got hit with a few.

--- End quote ---

We used to have dirt clod wars too... Standing on top of dirt piles from new construction excavation... lobbing clods. Used to take special delight when the clod I grabbed had a rock in it.

--- End quote ---

We had rules too. No rocks in snow balls. I remember the giant snow mounds in the middle of culdesacs. Perfect for king of the hill.

Libertas:
Yeah I remember making snow forts and using hot water to firm up the walls...and to shore up the tunnels between two because you always needed a fallback position in case your lead one suffered battle damage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version