Topics > Politics/Legislation/Elections

Sessions Reportedly Said He Might Quit If Rosenstein Were Fired

(1/4) > >>

WilliamVA:
https://www.newsy.com/stories/report-sessions-might-quit-if-trump-fires-rosenstein/

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has reportedly said he might leave the Department of Justice if the president fired his deputy, Rod Rosenstein, according to a Washington Post report.

Sessions apparently made the statement following an outburst of anger from President Donald Trump after Rosenstein approved the FBI raid on the president's personal lawyer Michael Cohen.

One source told The Washington Post that Sessions wasn't really threatening to leave but trying to convey what a difficult position he'd be in if the president actually fired Rosenstein.

If Sessions did resign because of Rosenstein's firing, it might open up a path for Trump to end the Russia investigation being led by special counsel Robert Mueller.

Since Sessions recused himself from the investigation last year, Rosenstein has been in charge. But with Rosenstein and Sessions gone, Trump could temporarily put another cabinet member in charge of the Justice Department. That person could fire Mueller or shut down the investigation.

paulh:
 ::facepalm:: Seems I just answered an identical post some where. Good riddance, too many things have gone right by him

WilliamVA:

--- Quote from: paulh on April 21, 2018, 02:58:19 PM --- ::facepalm:: Seems I just answered an identical post some where. Good riddance, too many things have gone right by him

--- End quote ---

True, slightly different audiences. 

Though the article is a Newsy post, (CNN Affliate).  I don't see many of the heavies covering it..
leading me to think it is most likely fake.   

I posted because QAnon put out a drop this morning anticipating a Sessions Announcement. (soon)

Pandora:
Now why would Sessions do that?  What 'difficult position' would he be in if Trump canned Rosenstein?

NHTom:
I swear his purpose there all along was to protect Hillary.

Don't let the door hit.......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version