Author Topic: Sessions Reportedly Said He Might Quit If Rosenstein Were Fired  (Read 2013 times)

Online WilliamVA

https://www.newsy.com/stories/report-sessions-might-quit-if-trump-fires-rosenstein/

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has reportedly said he might leave the Department of Justice if the president fired his deputy, Rod Rosenstein, according to a Washington Post report.

Sessions apparently made the statement following an outburst of anger from President Donald Trump after Rosenstein approved the FBI raid on the president's personal lawyer Michael Cohen.

One source told The Washington Post that Sessions wasn't really threatening to leave but trying to convey what a difficult position he'd be in if the president actually fired Rosenstein.

If Sessions did resign because of Rosenstein's firing, it might open up a path for Trump to end the Russia investigation being led by special counsel Robert Mueller.

Since Sessions recused himself from the investigation last year, Rosenstein has been in charge. But with Rosenstein and Sessions gone, Trump could temporarily put another cabinet member in charge of the Justice Department. That person could fire Mueller or shut down the investigation.

Online paulh

• Established Member
Re: Sessions Reportedly Said He Might Quit If Rosenstein Were Fired
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 02:58:19 PM »
 ::facepalm:: Seems I just answered an identical post some where. Good riddance, too many things have gone right by him

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 03:45:27 PM »
::facepalm:: Seems I just answered an identical post some where. Good riddance, too many things have gone right by him

True, slightly different audiences. 

Though the article is a Newsy post, (CNN Affliate).  I don't see many of the heavies covering it..
leading me to think it is most likely fake.   

I posted because QAnon put out a drop this morning anticipating a Sessions Announcement. (soon)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 05:01:58 PM »
Now why would Sessions do that?  What 'difficult position' would he be in if Trump canned Rosenstein?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline NHTom

• I don't fit in your fasces
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 08:43:54 PM »
I swear his purpose there all along was to protect Hillary.

Don't let the door hit.......

Online Syzygy

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 10:16:05 PM »

I'ze da foreman here at Tara.  I'ze da one what sez hits Sessions' quitin' time:  <SESSIONS, ...QUITIN' TIME> 

Anyone here who knows me from ACOC,  knows that I've been a rather staunch supporter of el Jeffe.  So,  when I say it's time to pull the plug...hey,  it's time to pull the plug,  amigo. 

And,  for the VERY opposite of what you said,  Paul.  NOTHING'S gone by him.  It's all either happened,  or is happening,  right under his nose,  or at the very least he,  more than anyone in the universe,  has access to all the accoutrements necessary to prove it all happened,  and who made it happen.  Incompetence,  writ large.  Or willful malfeasance.  No diff.  Result:   Neither the job nor justice is getting done.  Hit the bricks,  hick. 

You really let this fellow SOTSGOB* down...bigtime. 

* Son of the South good ol' boy

Offline NHTom

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 03:37:47 AM »
How can Sessions quit if he's never actually shown up to work?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 08:56:12 AM »
  I see it as a twofer!    Don't let the door his in the ass.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 12:41:04 PM »
Either this is typical D-MC PsyOp crap meant to create division where none exists or it isn't...but when you get right down to it...Rosenstein works for the AG, the AG is nominally independent but serves at the please of the President...if the President once to fire the AG and then the DeepState operative Rosenstein he can, period.

I suspect the reason is more one of timing than desire...after the mid-terms anything can happen...

Me, I prefer not waiting...if Progs think continuing a tainted rogue investigation...I say wrap that rope around them and choke them with it.

But that's just me...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 12:58:12 PM »
I think, in truth, Sessions is way over his head.  His recusal was evidence of it, he accepted a position
he could not fill.  His resignation would give Trump the opportunity to get a worker in there before the
mid-terms.   Rosenstein has to go first, we sure as hell don't want him Acting.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 01:14:27 PM »
Trump blew that before Sessions was confirmed...as Acting-AG he could have sacked Rosenstein before Sessions came...

Not saying whoever is #3 would have had different results...but it may have...anyway one asshat would be gone.

Also, kinda goes to the vetting of Sessions...Trump should have gotten firm answers about such an eventuality...the D-MC was pressing hard toward that direction since Clinton flubbed the election, Operation Coup commenced before the ink was dry on the election results...if he failed to get a satisfactory answer from Sessions before naming him, he could have gone to somebody else.

It is Trump's mistake any way you cut it...now he has to unscrew a light-bulb that is hot and cannot be turned off until it is unscrewed.

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 03:06:43 PM »
Trump blew that before Sessions was confirmed...as Acting-AG he could have sacked Rosenstein before Sessions came...

Not saying whoever is #3 would have had different results...but it may have...anyway one asshat would be gone.

Also, kinda goes to the vetting of Sessions...Trump should have gotten firm answers about such an eventuality...the D-MC was pressing hard toward that direction since Clinton flubbed the election, Operation Coup commenced before the ink was dry on the election results...if he failed to get a satisfactory answer from Sessions before naming him, he could have gone to somebody else.

It is Trump's mistake any way you cut it...now he has to unscrew a light-bulb that is hot and cannot be turned off until it is unscrewed.

Ah!  He did sack the Acting AIG, whats her name. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 03:39:33 PM »
Yates.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 01:18:31 PM »
Oh, forgot about that one.  Well, he pulled up short.   ::facepalm::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 05:16:45 PM »
... he accepted a position
he could not fill.

Could not or WOULD not?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline NHTom

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2018, 08:15:14 AM »
Am I the last to realize that Sessions may very well be a closet never-Trumper?

Good grief!  That would also explain a boat load of leaks.  It'd explain a lot of stuff...

If Trump gets a cooperative Senate then Sessions is gone.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2018, 08:57:02 AM »
He is the head of the DOJ...and now Director Wray (who is  DeepState whore, or doing DeepState bidding because they have dirt on him) told Grassley to go f**k himself...he won't do sh*t about Strzok/Page coup texts.

So Sessions is as useful as a dick on a hen...but so is Congress, who if they weren't a bunch of mewling quim would immediately cut off all DOJ funding!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero