Topics > Faith & Family

ALL Roads Lead to God (...)

(1/2) > >>

Pablo de Fleurs:
I heard a great sermon today.

I used to debate those who maintain that "All roads lead to God" (translation: no religion owns the truth) - until now.

The preacher posited that all roads DO, in fact, lead to God (meaning Judgement Day). But all roads do NOT lead to the saving grace & work of Jesus Christ on the cross.

The difference is that many will not like the results of what their "road to God" yields them . . . from an eternal perspective.

[Reverse engineer their argument]

Syzygy:
Straight is the gate and narrow is the way,  and few are they that enter therein.  (somewhere in the Bible,  I forget where)

Doesn't leave a lot room for the "all roads..." theorists. 

Libertas:
I think you are right...had to look it up though...

Matthew 7:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I like the reverse-engineer thing.   ::thumbsup::

Pandora:

--- Quote from: Syzygy on April 23, 2018, 01:05:44 PM ---Straight is the gate and narrow is the way,  and few are they that enter therein.  (somewhere in the Bible,  I forget where)

--- End quote ---

Doesn't leave room for the "all religions" theorists, but, like Pablo, I believe all roads lead to God.  Doesn't mean "all roads" allow entry to Heaven, but they all lead to the Great Decider.

Pablo de Fleurs:

--- Quote from: Pandora on April 23, 2018, 03:13:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: Syzygy on April 23, 2018, 01:05:44 PM ---Straight is the gate and narrow is the way,  and few are they that enter therein.  (somewhere in the Bible,  I forget where)

--- End quote ---

Doesn't leave room for the "all religions" theorists, but, like Pablo, I believe all roads lead to God.  Doesn't mean "all roads" allow entry to Heaven, but they all lead to the Great Decider.

--- End quote ---

Invariably the Bill becomes due. We must be recompensed for our deeds & chosen paths. For some it'll be the ultimate "Oh Sh*t" moment.

I've heard folks say that if God would just leave a heavenly Post-ItTM note - telling them exactly what He wants them to do . . . that they'd do it.
Ironically, He has . . . it's approximately 1200 pages long & generally referred to as the Bible!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version