Author Topic: More Hoplophobic Ameriphobic crony-capitalist asshats to boycott - Yeti  (Read 2009 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
https://www.weaselzippers.us/382669-boycottyeti-movement-explodes-americans-shoot-slice-crush-destroy-coolers/

Going viral.  Yeti's response?  Typical Prog response - NRA are liars.

https://www.weaselzippers.us/382680-yeti-under-barrage-of-criticism-digs-deeper-claims-nra-lied-about-their-breakup/

So, you drop them without a reason...in a climate of anti-Second Amendment fervor stoked by bullies who hate gun ownership...and get butthurt when people have sport with your cowardice?

Yeah...I think the liars are well identified here.

And an easy boycott too...their crap is way overpriced.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Both companies are chumming the water on this one. Either side could have presented the correspondence that proves their statements - but neither side has so far.

Stupid.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Maybe.  Or maybe NRA is waiting for good reason...if Yeti provided no reason NRA has nothing to release, if Yeti says they offered some alternative no other details were given...and if they release something with the whatever alternative that wasn't in the original, NRA can release that and show Yeti never offered it up front...so I think the ball is still in Yeti's court.

Online Syzygy

And an easy boycott too...their crap is way overpriced.

This rightcheer.

I mean,  really.  What does it say about a society whose middle class would get so anal over something as primitively low tech as a cooler,  that they would gladly (and stupidly) fork over half a week's pay for one?  "Only the finest cooler for my PBR."  Ok-a-a-a-a--ay.

The old saw about a fool and his money comes to mind....

(Apologies to anyone here who may have already bought one,   but it's the GD truth...suckahs.)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
There are instances where you get what you pay for, and sometimes more can get that, sometimes not...

Online Syzygy

There are instances where you get what you pay for, and sometimes more can get that, sometimes not...

In the case of Yeti,  let me tell you what's going to happen.  (Not just Yeti,  but in all cases of "windfall profits" being made on any product,  which I know GD well Yeti is making.)

Somebody's going to make the same mouse trap (not necessarily a better one but fairly comparable in all respects ,  only cheaper--see "substitutable goods": Econ. 101).  The "cheaper" part will be because of reduced labor costs,  primarily (read,  "Made in China").  THEN,  you'll see the invisible hand kick in:  Yeti will have to become more competitive in price and production costs,  or go out of business.  Any savvy consumer who wants an efficient cooler will wait till the competition thingy kicks in.  THAT'S when the real value/cost quotient kicks in. 

I predict another overpriced product is headed for same:  Weather Tec car floor mats, etc. 

Such is the beauty of capitalism:  the "price system" is the final determinant--in what is or isn't produced and in what quantities.  (And why opposition to tariffs is a naturally conservative position:  they artificially inflate price,  sending false signals to the market as to what is or isn't to be produced, and stifle competition through protectionism--of one favored industry only, usually.  F'rinstance,  witness the American's steel industry's glee over Trump's imposed tariffs on imported steel. The steel workers unions,  too.  Damn skippy.  I'd be happy,  too,  if I worked in the industry. )

Bottom line,  you may get away with gouging your customers for a while,  but if there's a profit to be made,  you WILL eventually meet some competition,  and that's a good thing...for the King in a capitalist economy,  i.e.  the consumer. 

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 01:04:26 AM by Syzygy »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  Full disclosure I don't own one and nor will I ever. That being said they can go to hell and I will never buy one. Don't need them to go on with my life there are plenty of products out there to buy.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
I've said it so many times I think I've worn it out....

"I can't very well boycott that which I do not patronize"

I've noticed that most of the things that have been in contention for boycotts are things that are superfluous. I don't need a yeti - and neither do you. There are plenty of other manufacturers and brands out there.

So why would a business be so knot-headed as to go out of their way to piss off the very people that would be their customers. It doesn't make sense.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Frankly, I like it.  It's a two-fer for me, I can light them up for being stupid and hope more like them pick the wrong side.

It can only hasten the quickening.

::evilbat::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
I've said it so many times I think I've worn it out....

"I can't very well boycott that which I do not patronize"

I've noticed that most of the things that have been in contention for boycotts are things that are superfluous. I don't need a yeti - and neither do you. There are plenty of other manufacturers and brands out there.

So why would a business be so knot-headed as to go out of their way to piss off the very people that would be their customers. It doesn't make sense.

Proof that they are overcharging for their product and can take a loss in business and charge the rest more to make up for it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie