Author Topic: Sister Agnès-Marie Valois of Canada the "Angel of Dieppe", 103  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
A dying soldier asked Valois to kiss him like his mother would, she recounted in a 2010 interview. She did so, and he died shortly thereafter. When Sister Agnès saw a German officer about to shoot a wounded Allied soldier, she stood between them and told the German soldier he would have to kill her first, according to another legend. Sister Agnès went beyond the normal responsibilities of a nurse, as exemplified in her care for Sgt. André Michaud of Fusiliers Mont-Royal, who had to have his arm amputated.

“While I was preparing him for his amputation, André Michaud, then a young sergeant from the Fusiliers Mont-Royal, asked me what would happen to his arm. I told him not to worry, that I was going to take care of it myself. As soon as I could rest, I took it upon myself to pick up Sergeant Michaud’s arm in the container, and I went down to the garden, and with a shovel I buried it in the shade of a tree,” Sister Agnès said in 2010, according to Le Quebec Et Le Guerres Mondiales.

Sister Agnès treated all wounded no matter their nationality, but she had a special bond with Canadian troops, according to retired Canadian captain Tim Fletcher.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/23/angel-of-dieppe-w-w-2-dead/

Well done, Sister.  R.I.P.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Sister Agnès-Marie Valois of Canada the "Angel of Dieppe", 103
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 02:41:48 PM »
  A person to respect for her good works. Rare these days.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Sister Agnès-Marie Valois of Canada the "Angel of Dieppe", 103
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 08:07:27 PM »
  A person to respect for her good works. Rare these days.

So true. RIP, Sister.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson