Author Topic: Yay! Last Man Standing to return ...... on Fox  (Read 3433 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Yay! Last Man Standing to return ...... on Fox
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 12:17:24 PM »
Never even heard of this show until it got cxled. Used to watch Home Improvement back in the day, and always thought Tim Allen was a likeable and funny fella.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 02:57:08 PM »
Never even heard of this show until it got cxled. Used to watch Home Improvement back in the day, and always thought Tim Allen was a likeable and funny fella.

If you've cable, you can catch the re-runs on either the Hallmark or CMT channels.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 03:47:08 AM »

If you've cable, you can catch the re-runs on either the Hallmark or CMT channels.

I never really watched it until we got Netflix. I tried watching it when it was on TV, but quit after only one episode because I didn't find it that amusing. Son was binge watching it on 'flix, and I found it's better than I thought.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Syzygy

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 09:11:34 AM »
I like it.  In fact,  I don't think I've missed a single episode,  but that's because it follows Fox's Sunday night cartoon lineup, probably--I seldom miss those.

The underlying premise,  man isolated and alone,  has been done many,  many times before but handled in a humorous vein on Last....

And you can start watching anywhere along the series and pick up on what's going on fairly quickly,   unlike Lost,  which is what you were should you miss an episode...lost...forever lost.