Author Topic: NRA names Oliver North as its President at Dallas meeting  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
NRA names Oliver North as its President at Dallas meeting
« on: May 08, 2018, 08:07:40 AM »
I would like to think this may help steer the organization away from stances that have aggravated folks like this in the past...but we'll see what LaPierre allows, eh?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: NRA names Oliver North as its President at Dallas meeting
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 03:44:33 AM »
I would like to think this may help steer the organization away from stances that have aggravated folks like this in the past...but we'll see what LaPierre allows, eh?

Correct since he actually runs the NRA.

Wonder if Ollie would actually take control?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 11:00:11 AM »

Correct since he actually runs the NRA.

Wonder if Ollie would actually take control?

I sure as shat would try to exert control!

Enough endorsing jackasses, enough 2A hunting blather...unless we are talking about hunting fascists!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 06:11:32 AM »
Anybody remember this from '94 or so?

New NRA President Oliver North Supported 94 Assault Weapons Ban

Just want to remind everyone that the newly appointed NRA President Oliver North supported the 94 Assault Weapons ban when he announced his candidacy for the Virginia Senate on Larry King in 1994.

They may think our memories are short, but we can never forget these betrayals.

>With all his lust for an ATF free to kick in any door upon a rumor that someone inside might have a few guns, is it any wonder that Ollie is weak on the second amendment? On Larry King's radio program last year, right after announcing his life membership in the NRA (a standard line for Republican politicians about to bayonet gun owners in the back), Ollie announced his support for an "assault weapons" ban, declaring that anyone who wants to possess such a weapon should join the Marine Corps.

>Ollie may or may not have guts, but he sure has chutzpah. After selling weapons to thugs in Tehran to buy weapons for thugs in Nicaragua, he wants to deprive Americans of their own weapons, and be elected to the U.S. Senate by the votes of members of the National Rifle Association!

Source: Liberty Magazine May 1994 - AWB Support

Immediately after Waco, he concluded (without evidence) that the branch davidians shot first, and maligned the "arm-chair" critics of the ATF.

Comments on Waco

Then he has the nerve to say that he supports taking away modern sporting rifles and that you should join the Marines if you want to exercise your full 2A rights!

This guy is no friend to our individual rights, lied to the American people and Congress, and would still sell us out to the government in a heartbeat.

Thanks to Jesse Walker on Twitter.

Is there anyone who can get the footage from Larry King's show Jan 26, 1994?

>Larry King Live: Season 4, Episode 17

>Oliver North; comedian Bill Maher.

>Show: Larry King Live

>Episode number: 17 ~~ >Air date: January 26, 1994

Edit: For anyone who comes to this post later - it looks like that interview with Larry King isn't the right one. Major shout out to whoever got that one up, though. Still looking for help if anyone can.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/comments/8igvg7/new_nra_president_oliver_north_supported_94/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 08:05:28 AM »
I do not.  I don't know if this is a position paper twisted out of shape or real or 100% prog BS op.  I simply do not remember.  To be fair I don't recall much of his run attempt other than it fizzled and IIRC one of the main reasons was the handlers didn't let Ollie be Ollie like he was in those hearings on the Hill where he made those preening lib's into pigs on a spit...my impression is thta he was too handled by the establishment.  We need a statement by him with some collaborating evidence for or against.