Author Topic: Somali 'slims scam 100 million through MN daycare fraud  (Read 1675 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Somali 'slims scam 100 million through MN daycare fraud
« on: May 15, 2018, 04:22:09 PM »
    This story begins at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, where mysterious suitcases filled with cash have become a common carry-on.

On the morning of March 15, Fox 9 chased a tip about a man who was leaving the country. Sources said he took a carry-on bag through security that was packed with $1 million in cash. Travelers can do that, as long as they fill out the proper government forms.

Fox 9 learned that these cloak-and-dagger scenarios now happen almost weekly at MSP. The money is usually headed to the Middle East, Dubai and points beyond. Sources said last year alone, more than $100 million in cash left MSP in carry-on luggage.

... some of the individuals who were sending out tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of remittance payments happened to be on government assistance in this country.

How could they possibly come up with such big bucks to transfer back home?

“We had sources that told us, ‘It’s welfare fraud, it’s all about the daycare,’” said Kerns.

... In order for the scheme to work, the daycare centers need to sign up low income families that qualify for child care assistance funding.

Surveillance videos from a case prosecuted by Hennepin County show parents checking their kids into a center, only to leave with them a few minutes later. Sometimes, no children would show up.

Either way, the center would bill the state for a full day of childcare.

Video from that same case shows a man handing out envelopes of what are believed to be kickback payments to parents who are in on the fraud.

::gaah::

::crusader::

::overkill::

I believe that about covers what I think about this bullspit.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Re: Somali 'slims scam 100 million through MN daycare fraud
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 04:47:15 PM »

But but immigrants aren't elligible for welfare .....
Oops. I forgot that 'refugees'  instantly qualify for everything, including govt subsidized welfare.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 06:31:35 PM »
This psychotic crap really went ballistic under B Hussein & Gov "Pills" Dayton...I remember decrying similar such schemes eons ago and the Progs just point and shout "racist!" and double, triple, quadruple, quintuple down on this crap.  They hire Somali cops who execute unarmed women, they let Somalis dominate the cab industry and look the other way when they refuse service to whitey, they listen to Somali community leaders more than taxpayers and routinely kow tow to their extortion demands...and now this.  See a pattern here?  All by design, with the blessing of Progressive politicians, bureaucrats, MFM et al!

They all need to be dealt with at some point...and the point approached faster with each passing minute of this unrelenting assault on our Founding Principles.

Keep it up, assholes...tick and fricken tock!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 12:35:06 PM »
More on this strain of "animal" -

https://www.weaselzippers.us/385331-suitcases-with-millions-in-cash-regularly-flying-out-of-minneapolis-that-may-be-going-to-terrorists/

It's sh*t like this that stains other innocent Minnesotan's with that naive do-gooder progressive pumpkinhead label!

::cussing:: you!  I'm from 'Sconi!

#BanAllMuslimsNow!

Sub#SomaliesSuck!

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 10:06:53 PM »

Powerline has been folowing up on this.
POSTED ON JUNE 8, 2018 BY SCOTT JOHNSON IN CRIME, IMMIGRATION, MEDIA, MINNESOTA
RESTATEMENT ON FOZIA ALI

On May 14 our local Fox affiliate (Fox 9) broadcast Jeff Baillon’s striking report “Millions of dollars in suitcases fly out of MSP, but why?” The report drew a connection among “rampant fraud in a massive state program” (i.e., Minnesota’s $250 million a year Child Care Assistance Program funding daycare providers), the locus of this fraud in Minnesota’s Somali community and cash flown overseas in suitcases out of Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport possibly that may fund the Al Qaeda affiliate al Shabab in Somalia.

The story reverberated in our legislature at the end of the legislative session. Former Department of Human Services investigator Scott Stillman had been one of Baillon’s key sources. Stillman testified in a hastily called state senate hearing. Kim Crockett of the Center of the American Experiment covered the hearing featuring Stillman’s testimony here.

The principal reverberation created by the Fox 9 story, however, is a media backlash. Baillon’s story had gaps in its reporting (Dave Orrick here at the Pioneer Press). Stillman is an unreliable source (Matt Sepic here at Minnesota Public Radio). My favorite story in the backlash featured the ordeal of the Somali daycare providers (brought to us by the Star Tribune, of course). Minnesota Democrats attacked the story with ludicrous comments contributed by Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton, Fifth District Rep. Keith Ellison and intergalactic state legislative superstar and congressional wannabe Ilhan Omar (Lauran Yuen here at MPR.)

It has been my purpose in this series to follow up on Baillon’s story with additional research and reporting. Here is part 1; here is part 2; here is part 3. My own City Journal column on Baillon’s story is “Mogadishu, Minnesota.”

From their comments section
on edit: I am not sure the comment is accurate.

David Sigalow · Partner at Allen, Dyer, Doppelt Gilchrist PA
One has to give Ms. Ali some credit for efficiency, as she managed to steal $1.5 million in less than two years. Yet, as I noted yesterday, upon sentencing, she was ordered to pay a whopping $3000 in restitution over a four-year period (plus $100 in "special assessments").

A few years ago, a wealthy South Florida lawyer was charged with a series of crimes which had netted him millions of dollars. Within 24 hours, the Feds had raided his home, seized his wife's jewelry and anything that appeard to be of value. They raided his law firm and confiscated boxes of documents and every desktop and laptop. They even gave the defendant's daughter and her mother less than 24 hours to pack up their clothes and vacate the nearby house he'd provided for them so the Feds could grab that too.

What did Ms. Ali do with that $1.5 million? Did she buy cars and jewerly? Autographed pictures of Beyonce and Whitney Houston formerly owned by Jesse Jackson Jr.? Kitchen gadgets from QVC? Or, in the alternative, did it just "disappear" overseas? Wire transfers? Suitcases of cash?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 10:10:13 PM by patentlymn »
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 10:19:28 PM »
Leftists always want to cover up transgressions for their tribal members, always.  There is a special place in Hell for all these co-conspirators in wickedness, it seems like it is an endless stream of scum...