Author Topic: Need input on a question -  (Read 3017 times)

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Need input on a question -
« on: May 21, 2018, 04:23:33 PM »
I have been getting quite a few messages from; "Conservative Daily Post" with 'breaking news', on my FB account.  Have been trying to find information about them with very few results, except one that says it 'might' be fake news.  So in keeping with other problems I'm thinking maybe it could be from a media wonk liberal trying to confuse things, -- but we know the liberal side of the spectrum wouldn't do such a dastardly and disingenuous thing such as that. 
Does anyone have any truthful knowledge about them ?   ::thinking:: ::oldman::
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:27:05 PM by rustybayonet »
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Need input on a question -
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 04:44:32 PM »
It's tough to discern these days, with so much agenda-driven pablum passed off as news. But I just went there and perused, and I didn't see anything overly suspect - at least not anything you wouldn't find on almost any website dedicated to spinning every news article to fit a conservative audience.

I'm really liking Ben Shapiro's Daily Wire these days. LOTS of serious conservative minds in there. Also don't mind Tucker Carlson's Daily Caller. Both credible, in my opinion.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 06:09:28 PM »
Take it for what it's worth.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/conservative-daily-post/statements/?list=speaker

Although I'd say why run with Pizzagate when reality is much more disturbing.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 06:11:58 PM »
Not familiar with that one either...but proof is in the pudding...if they every push something a little odd, might be Freudian slip.

As Ronaldus Magnus was fond of saying - "Trust, but verify".   ::thumbsup::

As for Politicfact...where's the screen captures of alleged fake-newsy?

Sometimes folks linked something from somewhere else who's source is sketchy...can't always tell in some circumstances...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Syzygy

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 12:17:54 AM »

BREAKING: Hillary Sent 1 Email Showing Terrorists How To Kill Ambassador Chris Stevens

R.I. Governor Signs Executive Order To Seize Guns

JUST IN: Federal Judge Orders Speed Release 1.2 Million Documents, “Obama, Clinton, Deep State Scandals” EXPOSED

Teacher Fails Straight A Student For Not Denying God

I just gleaned the first four headlines.  My advice:  RUN!

Plenty of credible conservative sites on the web without having to waste your time with this one.

Offline WilliamVA

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 09:21:13 AM »
Amen to that.

I get two alleged "National Conservative" supposed publications....national enquirer level crapola.

I like the Daily Wire, Gateway Pundit, & Daily Caller.   I do check the Washington Examiner, and
Breitbart News Network, but I sorta hold my nose when I do.  lol.   

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 02:49:13 PM »
I often don't go to indivudual news sources. Instead I read the headlines at some aggregator sites and click if I find something interesting. Usually I can tell what the article is about from the headline.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/
I skim the daily news feed section at the link below
https://gatesofvienna.net/
Sometimes the various real clear sites. Lots of variety. Sometimes powerline.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 09:18:29 PM »
Be careful with PowerLine, many of us oldtimers here are refugees of their purge and wrath.  They can oftentimes parrot Establishment/RINO/AINO/USCOC dogma, it's why they killed forum format, didn't like being challenged in their thinking and wanted only non-anonymous commenting which has the effect of killing free flow of speech.  They wanted an echo-chamber like Moron.org and Daily Kooks.

For local stuff I used to go to Northern Alliance, not sure if they are around anymore, get enough local garbage as it is when it goes national on my usual sites like IOTW, WRSA, Weaselzippers, Drudge & ZeroHedge.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 08:23:23 AM »
Be careful with PowerLine, many of us oldtimers here are refugees of their purge and wrath.  They can oftentimes parrot Establishment/RINO/AINO/USCOC dogma, it's why they killed forum format, didn't like being challenged in their thinking and wanted only non-anonymous commenting which has the effect of killing free flow of speech.  They wanted an echo-chamber like Moron.org and Daily Kooks.

For local stuff I used to go to Northern Alliance, not sure if they are around anymore, get enough local garbage as it is when it goes national on my usual sites like IOTW, WRSA, Weaselzippers, Drudge & ZeroHedge.

I like Powerline for the legal analysis and the local material. I am aware of how butt hurt they can get. They still allow comments I think.  BTW Scott Johnson's daughter writes for Politico.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 07:33:27 PM »
I've found Legal Insurrection and Instapundit more than adequate substitutions for the crying guys who wage civil war against their own supporters while mocking the left for the same.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 08:16:24 PM »

I like Powerline for the legal analysis and the local material. I am aware of how butt hurt they can get. They still allow comments I think.  BTW Scott Johnson's daughter writes for Politico.

Yes, they still allow comments but rely on FacePlant to filter them first.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 06:53:55 AM »

Yes, they still allow comments but rely on FacePlant to filter them first.

Awesome.  Forecast calls for asshats with a good likelihood of potted plants running mutiple fake identities.

Sounds like Nirvana for those rocket boys.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 08:09:41 AM »
I've found Legal Insurrection and Instapundit more than adequate substitutions for the crying guys who wage civil war against their own supporters while mocking the left for the same.

I'm a huge fan of Legal Insurrection. Today, the lead post by Professor Jacobson is the demonetization of LI by Jeff Bezos' Amazon. The article is a good read about a bullsh*t reason given for immediate termination of LI as an Amazon partner.

There is a war on, people.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2018, 07:57:08 AM »

I'm a huge fan of Legal Insurrection. Today, the lead post by Professor Jacobson is the demonetization of LI by Jeff Bezos' Amazon. The article is a good read about a bullsh*t reason given for immediate termination of LI as an Amazon partner.

There is a war on, people.

Eff'n A- there is!  Has been for some time too!  And the E-GOP has only appeased and capitulated since Reagan left...filling those asshats with the belief that nothing is beyond their reach!

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/05/amazon-demonitizes-conservative-website-us/

And Amazon only continues to steer harder Left with each passing second...like so many others.  They see 1984 not as a warning but as an instruction manual!

Roots n' all need to be burned.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2018, 10:47:13 PM »
If you get a chance, try out "The Conservative Tree House".
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 08:17:21 AM »
If you get a chance, try out "The Conservative Tree House".

It is a great site...my number one source of information for the ObamaGate stuff!

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,15175.300.html

::thumbsup::