Author Topic: On the road again  (Read 2550 times)

charlesoakwood

On the road again
« on: May 26, 2011, 06:44:54 PM »

It's About Liberty link to article

Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin (R), who has been largely out of the public eye through much of the spring, will reemerge Sunday as she begins a national bus tour that will put her back in the spotlight and no doubt renew speculation about a possible presidential bid.
The tour, the first of what will be a series of such journeys over a period of weeks, will starts on Sunday in Washington at the annual Rolling Thunder motorcycle rally and work its way north along the East Coast.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: On the road again
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 06:52:47 PM »
Gotta love her.  Sarah gonna roll wit da hawgs.

::USA::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 07:07:47 PM »
She just wants to take a vacation.  I'm sure it's just a coincidence that an election is coming up.

;)
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 09:51:29 PM »
God protect her and keep her safe. Open ears, minds, and hearts.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 06:55:19 AM »

Rush Limbaugh talks about Palin, the establishment Republicans and the bus tour.
Also Bachmann, Santorum, the establishment and the Tea Party.

http://www.therightscoop.com/rush-obama-scared-of-real-conservative-like-palin/

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 07:22:56 AM »

Rush Limbaugh talks about Palin, the establishment Republicans and the bus tour.
Also Bachmann, Santorum, the establishment and the Tea Party.

http://www.therightscoop.com/rush-obama-scared-of-real-conservative-like-palin/

Great interview. Seemed more like a Fox news/Greta: On The Record effort to bring Rush Limbaugh to their television audience with his own mini-platform. Greta almost essentially turned 14 minutes of her program over to Rush.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 07:29:21 AM »
Someone like Sarah who is already well positioned in championing conservatives against Ruling Class pukes in primaries and against DemonRats in the general elections...just imagine the power of her endorsements if she is the nominee, the coattail factor could be enormous, and nothing short of enormous change within the GOP and within the nation can save us from near certain doom.  Now is the time to go all-in, holding back and playing it safe will only get you crushed!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 02:47:20 PM »

[blockquote]It’s a part of the country she’s [Palin] mostly avoided since 2008, conspicuously not setting foot in early presidential state New Hampshire at all during her two book tours and her 2010 tea party campaign swings. Now, however, with her luster dimmed and her national relevance in question, she has chosen to venture into the belly of the beast.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55865.html#ixzz1NgKu1CsE[/blockquote]

::hysterical::

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 05:07:50 PM »
I'm 100% in her camp!!
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 05:22:26 PM »

[blockquote]It’s a part of the country she’s [Palin] mostly avoided since 2008, conspicuously not setting foot in early presidential state New Hampshire at all during her two book tours and her 2010 tea party campaign swings. Now, however, with her luster dimmed and her national relevance in question, she has chosen to venture into the belly of the beast.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55865.html#ixzz1NgKu1CsE[/blockquote]

::hysterical::

LOL. How many times have they declared her 15 Minutes over?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 05:41:18 PM »
Seems like they do it about every 15 minutes.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 05:44:44 PM »
I'm 100% in her camp!!

Me too. 100%.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 05:49:26 PM »
People like her come along about once every 100 years or so. What are we going to do about it? The ball is in our court.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 09:52:21 PM »
Seems like they do it about every 15 minutes.
Yeap.

I think the turn out at her events, if she declares, will be huge.

It will shock people I think.

Besides the fact the media hates her  because of what she represents I also think they don't understand her as a candidate of the 21st century.  Obama gave us a taste of that with his flashy campaign stops in stadiums and publishing books before he took office.  But I think Palin has gone way beyond that and the media hasn't caught on yet--the old media is dying and they haven't gotten it yet.  Palin 's candidacy would be unlike any other.

I suppose she bought a house in Arizona cuz she likes the weather.  But I can hear her announcing her candidacy from Arizona--"Alaska used to be thought of as the frontier but now Arizona is the new frontier where Americans' right to live in peace and safety is being challenged everyday..."
Plus being in Arizona will certainly put the spotlight on McCain and he'll have to step up and get all his RINO friends to support her.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 10:01:06 PM »
I suppose she bought a house in Arizona cuz she likes the weather.

Hyuck!  'Cause it's not like AZ isn't 180 degrees from Alaska and what she seems to prefer!

But I can hear her announcing her candidacy from Arizona--"Alaska used to be thought of as the frontier but now Arizona is the new frontier where Americans' right to live in peace and safety is being challenged everyday..."

Plus being in Arizona will certainly put the spotlight on McCain and he'll have to step up and get all his RINO friends to support her.

Well.  We'll just see about that.  I hope you're right, but it's McCain and his RINO staff, by abetting the MSM, that sunk Sarah first go-round.  Something tells me this go-round, they'll either step up or be stepped on.

Speaking from the bottom half of the glass, I'm not in love with Sarah -- I trust her as little as I trust any of 'em -- but I'm willing to give her the chance to disappoint me.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 10:03:57 PM »
MCcain proved he's not a political fighter but I don't think he'll want to be left out--I think he'd step up to help Palin.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 10:06:24 PM »

Whoa, hadn't thought about that.  After all she did for him, and everybody knows it, he can't forsake the lady.  Oh, the perplexity of it all.
Good thing his wife owns a beer distributorship, he's going to be drinking
a lot. .......more

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 10:09:38 PM »
Well, The Butthead has already made a point of referring to her as "not serious" and "unpresidential" before, so I expect that's the direction the "Leadership" will approach from if she does indeed enter the race. I think they'll try to quash her ASAP because she is a threat to them.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 10:22:36 PM »
Someone like Sarah who is already well positioned in championing conservatives against Ruling Class pukes in primaries and against DemonRats in the general elections...just imagine the power of her endorsements if she is the nominee, the coattail factor could be enormous, and nothing short of enormous change within the GOP and within the nation can save us from near certain doom.  Now is the time to go all-in, holding back and playing it safe will only get you crushed!

This is why I believe she will bring voters to her in droves. She will set records in voter turnout. The more the media elites fight her, the more votes she will garner.

Time to move all in.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 10:25:29 PM »
Sarah endorsed McCain in his most recent Senate election.  Many people who support her were appalled by that, but I saw it as repaying a political favor since she would not be on the national stage now if he hadn't named her as his VP.

I had kind of hoped that she was done with him after that, but I guess political favors keep on going back & forth like the Energizer bunny.

But I don't know whether her buying a house in Arizona has anything to do with McCain or not.  If I had to pick between Alaska and Arizona, I'd choose Alaska.  I can deal with cold better than heat.  Maybe it's just a matter of logistics.  She's better positioned for a Presidential run if she's in the lower 48 rather than way the hell out there in Alaska, which may as well be a foreign country.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt