Author Topic: George Will: Vote Democrat this fall if you care about your country  (Read 894 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
George Will has lost his mind .... again

The congressional Republican caucuses must be substantially reduced. So substantially that their remnants, reduced to minorities, will be stripped of the Constitution’s Article I powers that they have been too invertebrate to use against the current wielder of Article II powers. They will then have leisure time to wonder why they worked so hard to achieve membership in a legislature whose unexercised muscles have atrophied because of people like them…

The Republican-controlled Congress, which waited for Trump to undo by unilateral decree the border folly they could have prevented by actually legislating, is an advertisement for the unimportance of Republican control…

In today’s GOP, which is the president’s plaything, he is the mainstream. So, to vote against his party’s cowering congressional caucuses is to affirm the nation’s honor while quarantining him. A Democratic-controlled Congress would be a basket of deplorables, but there would be enough Republicans to gum up the Senate’s machinery, keeping the institution as peripheral as it has been under their control and asphyxiating mischief from a Democratic House. And to those who say, “But the judges, the judges!” the answer is: Article III institutions are not more important than those of Articles I and II combined.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: George Will: Vote Democrat this fall if you care about your country
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 08:31:27 AM »
I think they ran out of internet ink & were unable to "print" the entire headline:

"Vote Democrat this fall if you care about [not restoring] your country"

My response, when/if someone asks me about the political landscape, is "Love it. AND, I'll be voting for Trump again!"
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 03:22:06 PM »
Will is a a carpetbagging pettifog of Establishment perfidy and his kind should be assisted into extinction so as to never again stain the earth with its stupendous stupidity.

Like the antics of the hard progs in the DemonRat plantation...the antics of the E-GOP will also reenergize Deplorables.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 04:51:11 PM »
George has gone from spouting drivel, to absolute stupidity.  I was young when last he
used his column to do other then occupy space the Washington Post couldn't get some
other moron to fill.   I am definitely not young any more, and GW is still a douche bag.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 08:46:33 AM »
He suffered from the Buckley Shadow Syndrome...not bright enough or quick enough to be taken as seriously as William F. Buckley but with thrice the level of snobbery backed up with a personality better utilized by a sloth.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.